I got fired

Well done! I’m thinking there’s an even better position in store for you, one you will look back on and say to yourself “I’m so glad that happened to me! I passed through the trouble and made it to the other side.”

10 Likes

Welcome to our community, Mica. This thread is a shining example of what can happen to people who follow a path of recovery.

Mr. Monkey, all of my words have already been posted. I’m in constant gratitude for the wonderful paths I’ve crossed in recovery. This sounds like a door that was needing to be closed, but the added bonus was a display for your family and friends of absolute integrity. I see a future much like @Yoda-Stevie.

8 Likes

There’s nothing more to say, everyone has already covered it all. I just want to show you some support and love during this transition to the next chapter. I’m looking forward to hearing about what comes next. In the meantime, your extra time can be spent with your farm and Ms. Monkey. :heart:

10 Likes

So sorry for this experience. I believe you can find new job. :muscle:t2::heart:

4 Likes

Well done :clap:
Sounds weird saying that to someone who got fired but knowing that being honest is the better path is hard for us addicts.
A new career/path may be just what monkey universe needs :see_no_evil:

9 Likes

There you go. You have everything you need to move ahead to your next opportunity.

7 Likes

I’m glad you’re able to keep a positive perspective! You will find a new job soon, and coupled with sobriety, it’ll be gainful for sure!

4 Likes

Sorry. That sucks, but you’re right - You did the right thing, and it won’t haunt you now. Good luck on your next adventure!

4 Likes

Thank you everyone!

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing and how you handled this situation (both with your actions and your attitude) is really inspiring and shows your commitment to sobriety :100:

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing this :muscle: I love to see your journey, how much you’ve grown and I love people with integrity because that’s my main goal.
Onto the next chapter on this path :smiling_face:

2 Likes

I love this quote, my sister sent it to me years ago when I got dumped and at the time I rolled my eyes, I think it’s way more fitting here :laughing:… You’re a great dude and God/your higher power has great plans for you!!
I’m proud of you for telling the truth and having a great reference is 10000x better than burning bridges. Believe me, I have burned quite a few bridges in my lifetime and it doesn’t feel good. A clear conscience is priceless. Ps: I will be looking for some posts of your garden on the gardening thread. :+1::+1:

7 Likes

Reading through all those replies to your post, it is obvious everybody is proud of your actions. I am proud too. Hope you look in the mirror tomorrow morning and tell yourself that you are proud of yourself.
I’ve got sooo much respect for you and hope you find a job that makes you truly happy. You deserve nothing less.

3 Likes

Ty, I needed this!

3 Likes

I sincerely admire your positivism and determination. I am sorry you had to go through that but maybe something better is on your way! Thank you for your words, it inspires me to not give up and remain positive even though it feels overwhelming :heart:

3 Likes

I love this. Seriously. I have so much respect for you in having that kind of personal honor and honesty. You’re right, our secrets do keep us sick. Being honest and open, no matter how difficult in the moment it might be, is freeing on a level that I’m not even sure there are proper words for in the English language. Thanks for sharing this.

6 Likes

Sometimes losing a job can be a blessing in disguise, despite the temporary hardships that it brings.

4 Likes

You are absolutely right: being sober does not
mean everything goes well and you live happily ever after. Life is unpredictable, and we are human and will make mistakes.

There will be amazing moments ahead and being sober allows us to enjoy them to the fullest, and there will be low points, and being sober gives us a choice to deal with them without excuses and face them head first.

One of the qualities I admire the most in anyone is their integrity. Yours shines through in the way you handled this very difficult situation. Nothing but the utmost respect for you, my friend. And best wishes for the next chapter - I’m sure it will open great opportunities in your life.

4 Likes

WOW I love the encouragement through your situation! Its so true though, life does not just get 100 times better just because we stopped drinking, but you did Good! You should be so proud of yourself and Thank you for sharing, its inspiring for me.

4 Likes

Sometimes things happen for a reason…so the cliché goes. If I was going to write down my dream job and dream schedule on June 1st…it would be exactly what I got hired for. We shall see, as I have grown skeptical in my old age, if it works out as good As it seems…1st full day on the job…

21 Likes