I gotta do it right this time

I’ve been trying over and over again for over two years to quit meth, I’ve been able to hide it from my boyfriend, family, kids and so on. But there are those times every once in a while that my boyfriend of 3years finds my pipe hidden in my box of tampons in the bathroom or he’ll see the difference in the way I might act one day or then he’ll also notice the days I’m in bed for a week straight with zero energy because once again I’m trying to do it this time… But no matter what happens, a week or month can go by and there goes my negitive thoughts that seriously take over and the next thing I know I’m either calling or texting bad people and make up lies of where I’m going to the boyfriend just so I can go get my high on “just one more time” ya right!!! So anyways I just had 3weeks under my belt again and I was actually starting to have energy again and wanting to do things etc. But nope as of yesturday I figured out how to sneak in another one of my last times …annd once again I got caught by my poor boyfriend… How am I gonna really do this, this time?

First thing is to delete the numbers of those who deal to you.

9 Likes

Yes I know ur 100% right but for some reason I’ve never done that… It’s like I’m always keeping them on the back burner …but ya know what I’m doing it for real right now while where talking about it… I’ll brb THANK U SO MUCH FOR THAT LITTLE PUSH! SERIOUSLY SOMETIMES THATS ALL A PERSON NEEDS

3 Likes

In early recovery it’s very easy to let your addiction take control. You either need to make physical or mental barriers.

We’ve all been there, you see it all the time on the forums. People trying to quit are strong 99% of the time; however that 1% we put our guard down and BAM! Relapse/lapse.

The longer and farther you go in recovery the less and less you’ll think about it. Maybe, tell your BF the truth? Perhaps try to attend some AA or NA meetings? Maybe you need some accountability in your life?

It’s your journey, make sure you have all the tools to make it to your destination.

6 Likes

I agree with @Shattered_dreams! For me personally accountability was super helpful. In the beginning I told only those closest to me, people I knew wanted the ultimate best for me. I told my immediate family, boyfriend, and a few close friends. This made events, outings, and just simple hangouts much easier because everything was out in the open and I was fully supported. I share my milestones with them and my struggles. As time went on sobriety got easier and I am more comfortable talking about it with others outside of my close circle. If I were you, I would tell your boyfriend. I talk to my bf about times I’m struggling and the support I receive from him has helped me get to 228 days . I wouldnt have been able to do it on my own. You don’t have to either. Reach out, everyone needs help there’s nothing wrong with asking for it!! I hope the best for you and can’t wait to see you share your accomplishments!

2 Likes

You all seem to have a good handle on this. I do think being honest with the boyfriend would relieve a lot of stress. He already knows there’s a problem and has shown he will support you or else I don’t think he would be there.

2 Likes

There ya go! Severing communication allows you to go ahead and build a plan, work a plan, and be successful.

1 Like