I guess I should have my own thread... 21 hours, 14 minutes sober

See new thread here

7 Likes

Stay strong man! I’m really sorry to hear about your loss of the relationship, that can be really hard. Congrats on hitting a meeting last night. Stick with it and each day will lead to a new better you with recovery.

4 Likes

Take it moment to moment if u want it u can do it x

1 Like

That is your disease talking to you in your own voice. I wouldn’t listen. Maybe you don’t drink that night, but you would certainly get the idea of moderation back into your mind set. And once people like us start thinking we can moderate, well, it ain’t pretty.

4 Likes

I have tried the moderation thing, I know what is not a possibility.

I tried my version of it. Only drinking beer and not the hard stuff. Only drinking and not smoking crack. Only smoking crack and not shooting dope. Only shooting dope and smoking crack and not drinking. Turns out it really didn’t matter what I tried, because if I used one mind altering substance I was just opening the door for the rest. I can only survive on complete abstinence, which is convenient, because a life completely sober is better than any drug I have ever taken. And I used to eat a lot of ecstasy.

9 Likes

I hear you, I was rolling like 4 times a week at shows (I work for a promotion company on the side selling tickets) I went to 5 major festivals last year. Raving had has been my life for the past 2 years, but I know that needs to change until I get some significant clean time. I have cancelled all my shows, gave away tickets, except for 1 and it’s not till March. I do not plan on any festivals this year either as my whole rave crew are heavy drug users and I know I would want to drink. I don’t know whats going to happen in the future, but I am choosing not to drink today and my next mental milestone is 8 days.

1 Like

I got my 24 hour chip tonight, I have never gotten up and gotten in all the other times I’ve walked in the halls. That obviously didn’t work, so I’m trying something different.

I actually really liked this meeting because it was a young peoples meeting. I just vibe better with younger people and i related so much to their stories because I’ve been living it know.

Liquor stores are closed, I made it, so 2 sober night’s going to bed in a row.

6 Likes

I like this idea of creating a personal check in thread!

1 Like
2 Likes

Your brain and body must be tired from all of it. Sometimes zzzzquil helps to break the stress train and get your body back to loving good sleep. Can you take a bath or put on some comfies, order in your favorite food and watch a good movie?

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

I love how you are checking in!!! I love how you are keeping yourself super busy!!! I wish I could find a young person meeting. Not sure how to find that. There are some younger people in ny meetings, but not many. Though I am thankful that my sponsor is around my age so I feel that will be a good thing for me bc my first sponsor was a little older and that just didnt work for me!

Hi. I have 1 year sober. I don’t rave cause I’m 58yo. But I’m a deadhead so i can relate. I always drank alot and ate shrooms at festivals. In the last year I have eaten shrooms a few times and it has not triggered me to drink. In fact, without the hangover, I feel great after some shrooms. And i still love dancing under the stars. I hope this helps. Good luck and peace on your journey. lola

if you check the AA website, they have a (YP) designation for young peoples meetings. I live in a major metropolitan area, not sure if you’re in rural NY. Check it out, cant hurt.

No I live in little rock, ar. I will check it out! Thanks for the advice!!

Considering this is a sobriety forum I just want to stress the negative impact all drugs have. Even weed. I really hope people don’t read this and think taking shrooms, E, LSD is good. It’s not. Period. You may have used a few times successfully, but that’s not a long term plan for sobriety and not really appropriate as it may be triggering for others.

3 Likes