I had a small epiphany

When I just quit, I was afraid I would have a hard time turning down wine (not so much other drinks) , as a bingeing wine addict. Today is day 43 and I had a party with a group of friends. They were drinking liquor and a lot of wine, but I didnt have cravings. This night I suddenly thought: it wasnt the taste of wine I liked, it was only to get as pissed asap. I think I might not even be a wine lover lol

23 Likes

I had an epiphany too when i gave up booze. It wasnt that big either - But after a course of anti biotics it cleared up and there is barely any pain now when i pee.

If you have not already done so i would book an appointment with your doctor as soon as you can. For me it cleared up within about a week.

All the best.

I know exactly what your saying @Naomi. The last couple of months that I drank I didn’t even want the drink most times. I just wanted that wasted feeling. We are such silly creatures :wink:

4 Likes

I’d be desperate for a smoke, light up a Marlboro, smoke half, think ‘Why did I bother?’, put it out, 20 minutes later want to smoke again.
I wanted coke most of the time and could get hold of it easily. I’d have a couple of lines, get the rush, then as the day/night went on, more and more until I’d get the racing heartbeat, start locking up, wondering if I’d die.
And alcohol. Dogged me most of my life, had some great times but ruined most everything. And then I’m drinking to get out of bed, drinking a litre of spirits a day, the hallucinations were my epiphany.
I was either going mad or going to die.
17 years without cigarettes. 16 without coke. 250 days and counting without alcohol.
Seems like the Big Man wants me around!

9 Likes

Absolutely @Charlesfreck!!

1 Like

Actually I DO love wine…but the problem is that I’ve lost the snooty to enjoy wine. I can no longer savour a sip…experience the flavours. Now it is guzzle as quick as possible to pour another glass. :disappointed:

2 Likes

I was the same. Once I opened a bottle, I had to finish it. Sometimes I’d stop there, sometimes not…I did like the flavor of the first glass, but after that it was just to drink. So far, no major cravings for me.

Same here. I loved wine, but something in me changed. Now it represents the road to destruction.