I hate being told or urged to vote

And I hate being told what to do!

3 Likes

Same. And it’s like they think they’re reinventing the wheel, like there isn’t a “go out and vote” campaign every election

1 Like

Don’t do it then.

4 Likes

mmm i think they’re urging folks bc people wrote in ‘third parties’ and it got trump elected. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

bad, terrible advice G.

2 Likes

Why, it’s my opinion.
I don’t vote. Haven’t for years.
No one good enough.
As I said
My opinion only

3 Likes

Almost half of all eligible Americans didn’t vote in 2016.

2 Likes

Perhaps that’s because you basically have a two party race. At least in the UK we have the option of voting for the Monster Raving Loony Party or Lord Buckethead. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Sorry, that was aimed at our US friends.

5 Likes

As far as I know, Geoff isn’t American :rofl::rofl:

I didn’t vote last time, won’t vote this time either and I don’t complain about the “state of the union” :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

I don’t need to be told to vote, as I have voted in every election since 1984. I voted absentee sitting on a footlocker in bootcamp, voted while on ship, or overseas. I vote in primaries, state and local elections. That’s my choice, to make my choice. It’s ok not to vote, if that’s your choice.

In a democracy, we get the government we deserve.

7 Likes

Y’all must’ve done some real bad shit then.

22 Likes

Exactly if you don’t vote don’t talk about the state of the union. I agree with that :100:

7 Likes

The first Presidential election I voted in was 1980 and I too have voted in every election, including mid term and local since then. I also have been working as a poll greeter the last few elections and have signed up for several days of early voting and election day this time around as well. It can get rough sometimes here in Florida, not all people are kind as we know, but I believe in exercising my right to vote and assisting others to do the same.

I am excited to poll greet next to my 84 year old Mom this year
not even covid is keeping her from registering people to vote, phone banking, poll watching, etc. And she doesn’t take any shit from people who try to stir up trouble at the polls.

She and my Dad have been very inspiring over the years in a variety of ways and certainly have passed on their belief in giving back and volunteering.

15 Likes

Gonna vote my ass offđŸ€Ș
And so are my kids!!

6 Likes

I voted for an anime character in 2008. It was either that, or my cat. It was a hard choice.

4 Likes

Woulda gone cat.

I’d vote for pretty much anyone who doesn’t want to be president

2 Likes

Dude, you need to vote!

1 Like

You’re probably right. My cat would have made a great president. Free mice for all!!! :joy_cat:

3 Likes

Lol. Nicely done.

2 Likes

There’s an interesting doco just come onto Netflix recently called Whose Vote Counts Explained. I learnt a lot actually, worth a watch.

2 Likes