I have 7 days, one week today

:clap::facepunch:
Together we can💪

1 Like

Awe girl… im so incredibly sorry about ur childhood and the things u probably had to see and experience bcuz of that. U can break that cycle tho. Ur future doesnt have to be in addiction. There is SO much more to life. I was so scared to be completely free from all substances, thinking i couldnt cope. Boy was i wrong. It is truly possie to live a life without substances. Im very happy ur here!

1 Like

One week,YES!! Your head is in the right place. If you want to you will. Don’t give in. Don’t give up. It may sound corny but you got this. Everyone in this community supports you and cheers you on.

1 Like

And together we will :handshake:

If I’m being frank, my father; while he was an ex-heroin addict, he’d been clean and sober 26 years, 38 years now I believe; he refused to allow the toxicities of her addiction to affect me so he shielded me from her, and I got to know her a little later in life. And boy I had my struggles growing up with my single father, but he chose to keep her away because she was in n out of jail and her addiction was at its peak. That’s not to say I didn’t have any traumas growing up, but I thankfully and most gratefully did not experience any traumas related to my mothers addiction. Thank you for seeing me and recognizing my efforts and strength​:people_hugging::cupid:

2 Likes

Thank you so much Billy🫂

1 Like

First time on here and downloading such an app but thought it would help. I am also on day 8 of not drinking. I feel good but tired and also feeling a bit lost as seem to have a lot of time to fill when not at work especially last weekend the first of not drinking. Just wondered how that compared with yours or anyone’s feelings after 8 days!

2 Likes

Welcome Mickel and CONGRATULATIONSon 8 days :facepunch:.
Yeah at first I too had lots of time to fill. Then as my brain fog cleared I saw how much I had let slide. That wa 3 years and 9 months ago and i am still sober and catching up on cleaning it all up! Keeping busy has been the key for me.
Again WELCOME :sunglasses:

Very kind on the welcome and can only look forward to whats to come. Feel good but like you said a bit of brain fog. But hey it’s only been 8 days. Well done to you though and your time sober.:+1:.