I have relapsed. After 10 months. Feels really bad

I relapsed yesterday after going sober for 10 months. I feel like a total loser. Im so ashamed of myself. I really tried to stay clean and i was actually enjoying it. Some days were hard but mostly i managed. But i had so much stress piled up lately i just snapped. I am trying to start over. I hope i can make i work this time. Taking it on miute at a time.

10 Likes

Relapses are unhelpful and helpful reminders that this is a journey.

Back track. What was the FINAL straw

That’s the one thing you can ask yourself to do. One minute at a time. Don’t worry about tomorrow
Just one minute
Then …

4 Likes

Back at it. What were you doing in those 10 months to support your sobriety? Glad you joined us!

3 Likes

Dont know if were going to meetings but if you were not then maybe they will help you get a good foundation and network round you to help in times of need wish you well

2 Likes

Sorry you relapsed. Glad you checked in and are beginning again. The support is here for you.

2 Likes

And remember, the last 10 months are not lost.

3 Likes

I am still on track. Thank you for the support. I think the final straw was family related. I kept getting pressure from some close family. I have since learned to keep my distance and focus on my peace and growth. So far it seems to be working.

4 Likes