I have relapsed

I’ve relapsed tonight thought we would have fun I was pretty much in control but still ended up with negative results I’m starting to think my wife needs this program as much as I do…thoughts?

2 Likes

What things are you doing to get/stay sober. If your wife has a problematic relationship with alcohol then it may benefit her also, is she wanting to stop though. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

It is hard being with someone who is actively using. But it is not impossible! Some links here to have a look at and consider:

You obviously can’t make anyone else start a programme. Have you spoken to your wife about whether she has any desire to start a programme?

There will always be ‘reasons’ to relapse. We are good at finding excuses for why that first drink (or whatever) seems like a good idea.

Why do you want to be sober and what can you do to make it happen?

3 Likes

One step at time. We can only encourage, demonstrate and be disciplined in our lives. I feel you. It’s difficult. I wish you all the strength.

3 Likes

Everything turned to shit when I was drinking as I’m sure a lot of us know I have almost lost my job etc she has went to aa with me but I’m not sure I can get her to start a program

And thank you all for your replies

1 Like

Have you spoken to her about whether she wants to?

If she doesn’t then that might make it harder for you but it is doable. Are you going to AA regularly?

I am going to AA and she is supportive