I have to leave my bf house and go back to my home town... Scared of relapse

I am super worried that I will relapse this week when I go back home … Just going into that town makes me wanna relapse… I’m scared bc I know where my mind goes to as soon as I go there… I’m doing so good and I’m so scared to fall back…

4 Likes

Have a lifeline! Sober someone you can call if you get tempted… @Conor689908 is right find a meeting. In town or on zoom to attend while you are there. Make it clear to anyone that might trip you up that you are sober. And like @geo said… Dont over think. You beat yourself when you do that… One good choice at a time. Don’t worry about the week. Focus on the day. It seems so much more attainable in our frantic minds. You’ve got this! Message me if you need anything!

1 Like

I agree with all that has been said already, you need a connection with other non drinkers that you can hook up with as soon as you are back. Going back into the same environment without a plan to break the cycle is very difficult and not necessary, there are many support groups available so invest time now to prepare. Dont be scared by prepared … you can do this it is not beyond you. We make it possible together my friend.