I hit the reset button

I had made it two months and two days. After driving hours to a new job, one that I had to convince my family was good for me, I left that day and sent an email that I wouldn’t be returning. It was stressful and a major disappointment. I went to a friend’s house who is a truly great support, he offered me a wine cooler, and even though I only had one, as soon as I tasted it I knew it was a mistake. On one hand I dont want to reset, it didn’t even get me feeling good, it wasn’t a high content, but also i knew what I was doing and chose to do it. So here I am. Day 1 again.

8 Likes

I hit the reset button too with not even a full sober day. 🤦🏻 Feeling like I cant beat this.

You can! I know it can be frustrating but just pick yourself up and try again. :blush:

1 Like

A little slip. Not a full blown relapse. I’ve been having a hard time getting 24 hours without hitting reset. Unfortunately I don’t think I’m ready. There is still something telling me I can control it. I’m not talking about booze. I gave up alcohol Jan 29, 2012 after my 4th dwi on the 28th. I have an unhealthy appetite for oxymorphone (Opana). Narcotic ,opioid pain reliever. Used them legitimately for about a year. I still need them but I know I’m addicted, not just dependent. There’s been a change in my mind. While I don’t have any today I feel as though I will use again. The screwed up thing is I want to clean up and take a little break so I lose tolerance. I want to feel that original feeling. You know, chasing the dragon. I’d be satisfied if I could find a way to use just once or twice a week or so. I wouldn’t become dependent. I could count on experiencing that warm contentment each time I used. What an addict I am, huh? Fantasizing about controlling my drug of choice. I’d like to say I am a recovering alcoholic but I don’t dare. I have the dual diagnosis. As long as I use drugs I simply consider myself abstinent from alcohol. Anyway, sounds like you’re doing ok. Not that you should take your slip to lightly. I mean it sounds like your head is on straight. You came to the app and told the truth and sought support. I’m curious if your male friend is aware of your endeavor and if so why did he offer you a wine cooler? Not cool if he knew.

Did your friend know that you were trying to stay sober ? maybe next time take a soda wish you well

sorry if I upset you but next time don’t go to that friend for that kind of support. Now you feel worse, a true friend wouldn’t offer a 2 month sober person alcohol.

Actually they would bc no one understands an alcoholic like another alcoholic. Onwards and upwards :v::smirk:

1 Like

Gotta change those “playmates, playgrounds, playthings.”
I’m proud of you for only having one, and admitting to yourself that it was a mistake. Think of the feelings that led up to you accepting the drink, and work on alternative responses when those negative feelings arise in the future so we don’t have to reset again. :black_heart:
A small lapse can be a learning experience. Don’t let it get you down too hard. I’m here for you!