I just don't get it

Im kinda going through the same thing. Ive only been sober a week and i am realizing how lazy me and my boyfriend of 5 years have been. Now that i can see a clearer its becoming very frustrating. I havent bought any weed or smoked any weed the past 7 days and now he is having to pay for his himself (he will not quit smoking) but two days ago asked me for money because he cant afford to put gas in his car. Not only that but i probably worked 60+ hours this week. He wanted his mom to come over and hang out after i worked a 13 hour day. I told him that she could come over if HE cleaned the house because I’ll be damned if I worked 13 hours and come home and work more while he sits on his ass feeding his face. House was still untidy when i got home and his mom wasnt there. I think this is becoming a toxic relationship

1 Like

Cograduations on 1 week. That is a big deal. :+1:I do know that it helps with couples when both use, both get clean. It just makes it harder for the one not using. Stay strong. Congratulations on your 1 week. :tada:

1 Like

I really do hope you will find your answer here , there are many hints and advices from people here , your man sounds like he has a ego of his own, relations are supposed to be a 2 way. U can find a better man than him for sure. For your own good, move forward .U do deserve a better life . If u dont it can be way worse. Wish u the best

Thanks. I honestly didnt think i could survive this long without it but here I am doing it! I couldnt be prouder of myself!

2 Likes

Be careful that he doesn’t get your house and alimony to boot. You’re really in a bad position if you live in California. If you live anywhere else I would consult an attorney.

2 Likes