😬 i just shot 3 days

Today was just not the day. This is how it played out. I went to work last night at 11:30 pm and got off at 7:30am. Got home and I was going to go for a walk. Phone rings and its the new job that’s been dragging their feet to get things going. I went back for the 2nd interview at 9am. Got out at 10am, then they said we need you to go get a drug screen at 10:30am. Okay, got there on time and got it over by 11:15am. Went back to the job to turn in my paperwork, its now 11:45am. They asked me where’s the paperwork for my physical? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: you didn’t give me paperwork for a physical. You have to go back and get that to complete your paperwork. Got there at 12:30, you’ll have to wait since you don’t have an appointment. :confounded: 1:45 im finally done and returned the paperwork. Started to head home and my regular job called me and said, we need you to work tonight. Come in at 2am and work until 12pm and then work from 8pm until 7:00am. :flushed::flushed:
:unamused: I was supposed to be off. Im now frustrated and starving. Called one of my friends and told her what happened and I was just so frustrated, hungry and I wanted a freaking drink, well I did it.
I had me some beers.
I understand now what all of you were talking about. :tired_face: it can make you go from im great to give me a freaking drink now!
Wherever I get home sometimes on Friday morning, Im walking and going to bed.
Sorry for my venting, today was just not my day. I ready to work days again. I think that’s going to help me out too.

2 Likes

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
The wisdom to know the difference.:grinning:

1 Like

Thank you Geo, im not using this as an excuse. Im new to this and things just didn’t help me today. Im going back on track.

2 Likes

I get it… exhaustion and lack of time for myself and frustration have been huge triggers to drink for me

I was truly doing good until today, i really think once I go back to working days, I’ll be better. Im juggling days and nights 24/7.

Im ready to go back to complain about a regular job. :zipper_mouth_face::wink::rofl:

1 Like

Hi Andy :slight_smile:

Sounds like works giving you a run for your money. Are you able to take some time off maybe help you focus on the start of your recovery? At the beginning of this attempt going sober, (granted, i was living elsewhere), I had a week/10 days just chilling out at home before even looking for a job and I think it helped.

Do you have a plan in place to refer to when you feel the urge to drink?

1 Like