I just want to die

Im ten months and 22 days sober and I have no will to live. It’s a struggle to get out of bed in the morning and I have trouble doing the simplest thing. I’m on depression meds, talk to therapist regularly, and attend regular meetings but I can’t seem to find happiness in anything

9 Likes

Do you have a sponsor and work the steps?

1 Like

Yes I have a sponsor I don’t talk with him as much as I should to be honest

1 Like

Thanks little miss chatterbox

3 Likes

Brother I’ve been where you’re at no will to live, I don’t take my meds anymore. Nothing changes if nothing changes. You have to change everything as frustrating and annoying as it may be. I Know its hard to want to even try when you don’t even want to be alive. But you’re reaching out which shows a desire to find some kind of solution. Take the suggestion of calling you’re sponsor daily. Get phone numbers from other addicts/ alcoholics and call three a day to see how they are. The key is to get out of self. I’m only telling you what has worked for me. Step work brother that’s where the freedom is easier said than done trust I know but the program only works if you work it to the fullest. “Half measures avail us nothing” you’re worth it man we will love you and the people in the rooms will love you until you can love yourself…stay blessed my friend mssg me anytime :blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

8 Likes

I think at 10 months sober it is likely that you are in the midst of whatever drinking was covering up coming to the forefront. It sounds like u are doing all u can, but mental issues take time to manage. Do u have support from friends and family?

8 Likes

Congratulations on your 10 months and 22 days. :slightly_smiling_face:

Just a suggestion that maybe your meds need adjusting? If your feeling low all the time most days let your dr know, it might just need a little tweak of upping the meds or lowering them, or maybe need a change.
You may have already done this, and I am not a medical professional so always get info from your dr.

I hope you start feeling better soon.

5 Likes

Your kicking ass with over 10 months but I understand how it can be tough to see the positives at times. Is there anything specific that is bothering you that you can think of that is causing the lack of happiness? Hopeless feeling? Missing your addiction? Anything specific?

4 Likes

Hi everyone,

Today im going to do some sketching, i brought some drawing supplies and a ’ Learn how to sketch ’ book.
So some time to just draw and then just cooking today.
Im keeping it simple, hang around here as much as possible too, being here has its own healing properties to it.
Good sober day to you all :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Yes I have support from my family and am making new friends along with having support of my old ones

I hope your feeling better today.
It’s like that sometimes. Some days in recovery are dark.

Feeling emotions can seem unbearable at times. The insanity of the world keeps getting more insane. Sometimes I get overwhelmed.

I struggle with depression too.

I find it very similar to drinking. I had to learn how to redirect my thinking in regards to alcohol.

I do the same with depression. I have days that I force myself to get outside. Once I start to isolate, if I don’t do something, it just gets worse. The more I isolate, the more depressed I get.

Going for a walk, or a hike usually snaps me out of it. Healthy hobbies are good too.

I don’t allow myself to sit in it very long anymore.

I got sober because I was miserable and didn’t want to live like that anymore. I have to take action to keep my brain from making me miserable in recovery.

I recently snapped out of a bad depression. Now that I’m feeling better I reflect on it and realize it was all my thinking, and fear based.

Working the steps helped me snap out of it. I feel back on track.

4 Likes

My brother killed himself and my best friend killed herself and it caused a lot of pain. Stay alive and you’ll eventually feel better

1 Like