I just want to drink

All I want is a drink, I’m very depressed I’m having a hard time focusing on positive things. I don’t know if I can take this anymore!

How long have you been sober? I understand the anxiety and urge, but you’re stronger than your addiction! Keep fighting!!

9 months 10 the end of this month if I make it

It won’t make it better. That’s the worst part. Are you ok ?

I’m just very depressed and angry. I know it won’t make it better and that I will only regret it but I can’t help myself I just want a drink!

I’m guessing you didn’t get over 9 months sober by accident. So you must be doing something right. Whatever that may be I suggest you double down on that and keep rocking your sobriety. If you’ve been hitting meetings, go to more. Work the steps. If you’ve been seeing a therapist give him/her a call. Into exercise, then hit the gym.

Seriously you’ve gone this far so you know that drinking isn’t going to make whatever ails you better.

4 Likes

I know. I am too, believe me. But that thing that makes it all better, doesn’t work. So you will only be disappointed, more sad, and more depressed when it’s over.

1 Like

I just feel like my world is ending and that I can’t get anything right that my only good thing is having a drink!

1 Like

And I know what that feels like because this isn’t my first time getting sober. I remember the regret and disappointment.

3 Likes