I keep.giving my addict husband money

I keep falling for my.spouse. keep giving him money. And he lies to me saying it’s not for the “stuff”… For example, tonight he wanted to brrow some money so they can get supplies for his carpenter work he says. And he’ll pay me back he says… which he does… it’s not about the money, I don’t care about money… it pisses me off that.He thinks I’m dumb as f### , was born yesterday… But anyways he gave his money to his “helper” that he works with saying it’s for supplies for work. Yea it may be for supplies cause I’m sure the "helper " made money off my husband to get the supplies… U see what I mean? Anyways a lot of times I feel bad where I think he’s broke or something and I’ll give him money… And it pisses me off at myself later on for doing that… I was not born yesterday… ugh… And I’m sober and he wants me to stay clean… But it’s not fair I’m the one who’s clean and he can do whatever he wants… But anyways yea. I need to STOP enabling him

You sound strong enough to find your boundaries. The comment about fairness kinda scares me. I understand it probably hurts he is still active but it’s his right to continue searching for his bottom. Truly not your problem. Focus on your recovery. Best wishes

1 Like