I kicked my mom out today

I have been letting my Mom, her boyfriend, his son and son’s wife stay at my house. I was able to handle it for a month, but I finally told them to leave. They were smoking pot, lounging around and letting their dogs urinate allover my house. I’m only 10 months sober and this is the hardest thing I’ve had to do in along time. I feel like such a terrible person. It was hard being around them when marijuana was one of my doc’s. I couldn’t deal with it anymore. Recovery and sobriety is my priority now. Codependency has come to a hault!

30 Likes

I’m so sorry that they took advantage of your hospitality like that. I’m sure it was difficult to kick them out, but it was just what you needed to do to stay on track. Wishing you all the best!

7 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

This can’t have been an easy decision for you Shauna. But I totally understand your reasons. You have to look out for you. It’s unfair for people, even family, especially family take advantage.:hugs:

2 Likes

Congratulations on 10 months. That is amazing!

2 Likes

That must have been a awfull decision to make, but a necessary one: your sobriaty first!
:heart:

2 Likes

Well done you! That must of been such a tough decision to make and it must of taken all your strength to do it. They should not of taken advantage of you like that… your own mom for Christ sake! This shows how determined you are to stay sober, you should be very proud of yourself! I know part of you will be hurting from having to make that decision but it is all for the greater good for you … stay strong, your an inspiration :two_hearts:

1 Like

I commend your patience, for lasting a month. I wouldn’t have lasted a week with this situation. You need not feel bad about this.

4 Likes

You did the right thing for your self and your sobriety!! It sucks having to do it, but we gotta take care of us and our sobriety 100%.

2 Likes

That’s a lot of people to having staying for a month in the best of circumstances. Add their shenanigans to it? I’d have done the same.
Sorry they took advantage and put you in that position, but well done on dealing with it!

3 Likes

It sounds to me like THEY were the terrible ones!! It is your home, you have every right to decide who is in it. Good for you for putting your sobriety ahead of their selfishness.

3 Likes

Its not our responsibility to take care of anyone but ourselves. Some people dont appreciate shyt and think u owe them something. I feel they got what they deserved. If they cant abide by house rules they will get kicked out anywhere they stay. No landlords gonna put up with that shyt. Its natural to feel bad but its not your fault they acted in such a disrespectful way…

5 Likes

@LuckyStar seems you did the right thing. Sometimes hard mesures are a great sign of love. There is no doubt how much you love your mother and I hope she will understand that. Congratulations for your time sober!!!:pray:t4::pray:t4::pray:t4::pray:t4:

5 Likes