I’m a Better Me Than I Was Last Week

I am very aware of the person I was last week, last month and last year. Now, he wasn’t necessarily a ‘bad’ guy, but he wasn’t an honest guy. He’s lie to himself and he’d lie to his loved ones and he lied to himself that he was fooling all parties involved — however, he wasn’t fooling anyone.

Earlier this week the Coyote had sunk so low he was reaching up to touch bottom, but with some serious reflection and a lot of action, he’s on a path to a solid path of recovery from AUD.

The Coyote feels good.
The Coyote feels humble.
The Coyote asks for forgiveness.

5 Likes

Hell yeah! Keep it up!

2 Likes

Beautifully said, @Coyote. Awareness is a key aspect of anyone’s Sobriety. Every second of every minute of every hour of every day I’m consistently aware of how I talk, listen, see and smell. I’m constantly looking around me and taking everything in. Reflecting a bit on my past and comparing it to the present and making sure what I do Now, carries on into the Future, well. Most important of all isnto enjoy it.
I’m sorry if that sounds a bit off but it makes sense to me ^.^

2 Likes

Coyote! This is a honest and true reflection and I’m looking forward to seeing your continued progress. If you wish, join us on this thread Checking in to maintain focus as often as you like. Checking in every day has been an important part of my continued recovery, holding me accountable each day.

1 Like