I’m Looking For A Sponsor

I am looking a sponsor. I am not strong enough to do this by myself. Can someone please be my sponsor?

1 Like

Have you tried local NA meetings? That’s probably your best bet. A sponsor is there to guide you through the 12 steps and it’s much easier to do that in person.

3 Likes

If your not sure about the meetings, you can call your local AA/NA office and ask for a ladies phone list. Reach out when you’re struggling BEFORE you drink or use. Help is here and right there near you too. For most of us working the steps with a fellow was the best way to get a solid foundation of recovery. Hugs to ya

2 Likes

We don’t have a NA office. I’m not sure what you’re talking about. An there is not a NA meeting list anywhere. I’m not sure where or even when NA Meetings are around here, and I don’t know how to go about finding out. Also, I’m not very good at talking to people and opening up. The only time I’m good at talking is through a phone.

1 Like

I’m not sure where or even when NA Meetings are around here, and I don’t know how to go about finding out. Also, I’m not very good at talking to people and opening up. The only time I’m good at talking is through a phone.

1 Like

I suggest using google and search “NA meetings near me”. I wasn’t good at talking to people and opening up either so I went to meetings and just listened. After some time, I heard people I could relate to through similarities of our lives and eventually started talking to them. I was told early on to get comfortable with being uncomfortable if I really wanted sobriety.

2 Likes

Here’s the NA website
https://www.na.org/meetingsearch/

2 Likes

Thank You So Much!!!

2 Likes

The closest one is 28 minutes away and the only other one is 58 minutes away :woman_facepalming:t4:

I don’t go to NA for that very reason. Instead I go to AA because there are an abundance of meetings everywhere. Some people I know go to both. You have to try and see what works for you. There are other programs out there like SMART recovery. Here’s a link with a list of them. Resources for our recovery

2 Likes

There has to be NA zoom/online meetings available where you can just jump on with your phone. Does anyone have a link? AA has the 24/7 online meetings that @Dolse71 will post regularly, surely there is something for NA. Online meetings sound like a great way for you to connect.

1 Like

virtual-na.org is the link you need, hundreds of online meetings all over the :earth_americas:

2 Likes

@Makayla413

Thank you, Paul!

1 Like

Thank you, Kat!