I’m new here, hello!

I thought of when I came acros this. Have a blessed weekend.

3 Likes

Because in the end it came down to 1 clear decision…alcohol or my daughter because i cannot have both…there is no comparison. …the love i have for my daughter outweighs everything… she didnt ask be here and she needs me so the guilt and shame simply cant have me. I took every bit of help i was offered and ive done alot of soul searching and working on myself since then…im working on forgiving myself and loving myself while staying sober and being the best mother i can possibly be

2 Likes

Hello, I too drank about six glasses per night. I bought it by the box. I drank my whole adult life but the isolation of the pandemic made it worse. My biggest challenge was come “happy hour” what was I to do with myself. You must stay busy. New habits,hobbies etc. In a couple of days I will be six months sober. That is amazing to a drunk like me. You can do this. Maybe lots of projects with your precious kids. You have a lot of support here. God bless!

3 Likes

This is a fantasy thread. Thank you all for your shares. I drank most of the years my kids were growing up. I can’t get those years back, but I have an amazing relationship with them now, and the have a good understanding of alcohol and addiction.

2 Likes

Hello Elm…thank you for sharing. You are a very resilient strong woman who cares about her children. I recommend going to a meeting (virtual or in-person). Keep sharing here…you are not alone in your journey. Its not about perfection but spiritual progress :pray::muscle:

1 Like

Hi there! Woke up not hungover or shaky for the first Saturday morning in months. My stomach has been upset but I’m working though that. It’s nice to eat dinner with my family instead of just sitting there drinking while they eat. I have found my most stressful like desire to drink time and have loaded up on lots of tazo tea and force myself to drink that instead.
Thank you for checking in on me! How are you doing today??

4 Likes

Yes, it’s so nice not to wake up hangover and wondering what kind of shit did i get into the previous night. The first thing i say every morning is thank God i woke up sober this morning and pray for the strength to not pick up that first drink today.

That’s so wonderful to hear! Isn’t the absence of hangover beautiful?!? The stomach upset is natural and will pass. It pays to treat it gently as it heals so maybe watch the types of foods and drinks, try to stay low acid and less fatty. Hope you have a great rest of your weekend.

I’m doing well, thanks! Just walked my dog in 20degF/10 windchill and flurries because she’s so stubborn and MUST have her walk :weary::rofl: But it was beautiful out in its own way. Looking forward to getting some housework done and some relaxing with my husband.

Stay connected with us and keep us posted, okay? :heartpulse:

1 Like

Welcome so glad you are here!

53 days and all’s well.

That was the same for me, took me completing inpatient and outpatient drug treatment and committing to the NA program in order for me to finally break free from 23 years of continued drug use and also having support. I m 322 days into my new life, i m closer with my teenagers now then i ever was in my addiction and i am just super grateful for the chance to love and live my life clean today…

3 Likes

@SixMonthsAgo84

I am elated for your Recovery and the newfound relationship with yourself & your love-one’s. Keep Gringing…

2 Likes

Hello! Welcome! Pinot Grigio was also my drink of choice. I have been sober 240 days. I have save over 3k$!
Happy Thanksgiving and keep coming back.:two_hearts:

1 Like

Don’t give up

1 Like