I’m new to this

Hey… this is my first post, and I don’t know why… but I’m very nervous to post. I’m 22yrs old and as of today 54 days clean from meth. I also just recently stopped drinking as well, I felt like I was drinking excessively to fill the dope hole.
A few years ago I’d say over two years ago. I was addicted to psychedelics for a few months and had decided to get clean. Unfortunately in March of 2020 I was going through the worst breakup, she had introduced me to the drug world and she had become very aggressive and toxic during the break up. I snapped and on March 18 I started using molly… everyday. And eventually when I couldn’t get molly, I’d start to do coke. I’d even adapt a routine at my job so I could do it there. Fast forward a couple months… I’d find myself in an even more abusive and controlling relationship. A relationship where we both were using but hiding from the other. When it came to the surface, neither of us stopped. What happened was even worse. She would mock me for my addiction. She’d say it wasn’t real because “those are just party drugs.” So I started doing her DOC… which was meth… I ended up escaping that relationship in July and trying to get sober for the first time… I made it a couple weeks. Then relapsed… Then I was clean for 64 days. The longest I’ve ever been sober since March… I ended up relapsing again the day after my 22nd bday. This time, I was alone. Truly alone and succumbing to this horrible drug that I thought was going to take my life… I felt like there was no hope for me. That no one cared or noticed anyways. However God sent me this woman who changed my life. I fell in love again and I fell hard. I was still using when we started talking in November but she showed me there was a better way. She showed me by loving me unconditionally and reminding me day in and out that I don’t need that. So as of December 29, 2020 I haven’t touched a single drug. As much as I know my strength is mine and all my own… I thank God everyday for sending this woman into my life because I’m sober thanks to the love she’s given me…

I’m sorry this is so long, and I’m crying as I’m typing this because it feels so good to have a community to finally be apart of. Thank you if you read all of this mess because I’m so happy to be alive and on this app.

12 Likes

Congratulations on your 54 days clean.
Welcome to the forum. Lots of great support on here from people all over the world with all kinds of addictions. I couldn’t be sober without the support of the fantastic people on here.
One day at a time my friend.
One day at a time.
Keep checking in. Your worth it.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Thank you so much! :yellow_heart: your comment made me so happy and made my whole night . I’m so glad I joined this community

3 Likes

Thank you very much, I really needed all of these kind words!!

1 Like

I completely understand! This community is amazing and accepting and supportive!

I know how hard it is to get and stay sober in a bad relationship. I also know what a huge difference someone can make in your life just by simply loving you! I’m so happy for you and glad that you have found happiness and support. Its an amazing feeling when someone knows all your baggage and not only still loves you but loves you through it and loves you better and helps you heal. Keep in touch. I wanna follow your story and watch you win!

2 Likes

:cry::cry::cry:awww amazing story i wish you two the best

2 Likes