I’m on day one for the umpteenth time, need a pen pal

Wish me luck. Today is day seven!

4 Likes

Your doing great! No complacency, relapse is NOT an option :muscle:find another way and stay strong you wont regret it :heart:

2 Likes

Thanks for your support. Means a lot!

2 Likes

Damn, I caved … no excuses, just regret. Starting over. Again.

1 Like

Why did you cave?

2 Likes

Good question. I guess overwhelm. Yesterday was the first time in 4 days that it was safe to work outside, due to Canada wildfire smoke, air quality was super bad here. Climate change, pollution, politics, bad news all around… just got to me. Husband left a glass of wine on his nightstand from previous night, I was cleaning, and rather than dump it out I drank it. That’s all it took. I knew better but just wanted to numb out. So it’s back to square one.

3 Likes

There will always be a reason ul find to drink…things are stressful…u deserve it… its raining outside…its a bad day…its a good day…its sunny today…anything really

Its always a choice to pick up that drink regardless of what is going on, youve got to find another way of dealing with life

1 Like

You’re absolutely right.

2 Likes

And so because you had that drink did it make anything better?

1 Like

Of course not! I felt crappy. It was totally not worth it.

2 Likes

He gal! Keep accumulating nuggets of sobriety from this community. We believe in you. You deserve a peaceful sober life.

2 Likes

Thank you for not judging !!! I know I can do this. Just gotta pull up my big girl pants and face my demons and deal with life better!

4 Likes

I absolutely wasnt judging thats not what im about at all i was trying to point out that turning to the drink never helps, it always makes matters worse in the hopes that it helps you to not pick up again which is what your trying to do, i come from a place of wanting to help not judge

2 Likes

No, I didn’t think you were judging at all… I appreciate your help and candor :heart:

3 Likes

Hey Patricia :wave:
I didn’t know this was your thread.
Hope you don’t mind me getting caught up here.

I’m thinking about my favorite daily reader Courage To Change. It’s Al-Anon. But it’s basically a daily reader for any kind of recovery. Maybe you’ve seen it on the other thread.

I thought I’d cherry pick one of my favorites I took a screen shot of in my early recovery when my wife was still drinking gang busters!
It really hit home for me.

I’m glad you found us.
:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

Thanks, Eric! Love this page. I will keep it as a reminder. I have the Al anon book, One Day at a Time, I think I’ll check into Courage to Change as well. I’m so glad I found TS too. And I’m glad you got caught up on this thread. Probably wouldn’t have even gone back to read it, glad I did, cuz I have made good progress since then thanks to folks like you! :pray::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Your doing amazingly Patricia and such a bright light here too :sparkles: :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

:pray: Kelly! You’ve been so helpful and kind! I appreciate you!

1 Like

I think I got all the Al-Anon books. And that one is my fave. I have it on my kindle too. It makes a great daily reader. Been using it for years. I’m glad you could check back and see your progress. Good for you.
:pray::heart:

1 Like

IMG_1817