I’m scared to quit alone

i have barely any friends & three addictions i need to overcome asap. (alcohol, cigarettes, weed) i’m only 22 years old and rely on three different substances i feel like such a failure. just trying to cut off the alcohol at the moment, the other two will be a lot harder i know but i don’t want to quit. i have no friends to support me. i have my partner but i can’t put it all on him, i’m scared. he’s never known sober me, what if he doesn’t like me? i’m just so overwhelmed and scared and i’m really glad i found this community, i just hope it will be enough

13 Likes

hi! thankyou for your comment it means a lot to me.

i relapsed today. is it even called that when you only lasted 24 hours off it? :sweat_smile:

i’m trying to stay positive. i know i’ll get there eventually because i want to so badly.

thankyou for your support, my lonely ass really appreciates it

1 Like

Welcome @catsandplantmum :hugs: there are many many amazing humans here in our little community at TS that you will find frienship, advice, caring, helpful , and genunie in so many ways… Stick around, read, join in the conversations and enjoy the connections… You are not alone here :hugs::tada::pray::heart:

1 Like

Welcome @catsandplantmum! :innocent:

Every single one of us here has had that feeling. I know people who aren’t recovering from addiction who have it too. It’s actually a pretty common feeling at times in life - so you’re not alone. It’s ok to feel down; life comes in waves, and you just gotta surf them & work on keeping your balance.

You’ve never known sober you either. What scares you more: worrying that you might not measure up for others, or that you might not measure up for yourself?

Addiction is something we usually fall into at a young age because it numbs us and distracts us. After awhile we realize it’s hollow. Addiction is just escape, running away from life. Life is still there when we sober up though.

Life is a beautiful, loving adventure when you’re sober. Yes it takes effort and yes it is very challenging at times (especially in the early days when you’re riding that emotional rollercoaster). But I promise you, I promise, it’s worth it. It’s sooooo much better than it was when we were using.

You’re working on your relationship with yourself. You’re getting to know yourself. Give it time and have faith. You’re a good person, an interesting person, a person who has her own ideas and concerns and curiosities - all valuable in life. Get to know her - she’s interesting :innocent:

Are you considering joining a sobriety group to help you out? There’s also a lot of good sobriety podcasts and resources to learn from - there’s a good list here:

Resources for our recovery

Welcome again - looking forward to hearing about your journey :innocent:

Welcome to the forum. You can do this. You are not alone. Probably you feel alone, I can understand but you are certainly not.

For that sentence above I wanted to say: first things first. Becoming sober and your sobriety are the most important things in life. (and what if it is the other way around?)

You can do this. Stay with us. :pray::four_leaf_clover:

You’ll make plenty of friends being on here and if your partner doesn’t like the sober you, then that’s on him. You shouldn’t put your sobriety on the back burner be sure you’re worried sober you don’t be good enough for him. This is for you and you only.

2 Likes