I’m Sinking

I need help. I’m drowning mentally. Unfortunately I had to restart my clock.

7 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that. Resetting the clock sucks for sure, no way around it. But what is done is done, and time to work on recovery. What have you tried so far? Nothing changes if nothing changes as they say. Mental health is key to keeping recovery going too. IWe are here to support you. :purple_heart:

5 Likes

It sucks resetting, I can get lost out there for months after doing it so well done coming back so quickly, every major relapse I have learned something about it and what not to do or thoughts to follow for the next time

3 Likes

Hi Ngozi,
I’m sorry about the relapse, I know it sucks. I had my share of those. Like @Shawn1991 mentioned also I tried to learn something out of each relapse. What could I change ore do to avoid a new relapse in the future. My last relapse was after 5 years of sobertime. I thought I was “cured” and could drink in moderation. Well I learned I cannot :hugs:
The only way is up again, you can do it! What has helped you before to get sober ore clean?
What can you add to your recovery to help you trough the hard parts? Maybe online meetings ore listening to recovery podcasts?
Do not crave alone, come here before picking up and talk about it! Venting can help to get the edge out of the urge.
You can do it, your here and willing! :facepunch:

4 Likes

I haven’t touched it in 10 days! I started my new job, I have been exercising (as much as my body will allow) and I’m currently setting up for my birthday which is next week! I’m feeling better, I’ve taken the time to be so much kinder to myself! I’m choosing me, I know I was before but I continue to remind myself! I know I haven’t been on here in a while and that’s cause I’ve really been working on moving forward! My cravings have lessened. :heart:🫶🏾 thank you all,

6 Likes

This is such a good message. Thank you for sharing this @Ngozij. Relapse is,unfortunately,part of the journey for some. You are doing the hard work of recovery. I applaud you :clap: stay :muscle: strong.

2 Likes