I’m still trying 🤷🏻‍♂️

On October the 7th after a heavy night of drinking and sniffing coke I woke up, feeling like crap and decided to change my life. Before that day I drank every night as soon as I got home from work and all weekend until I passed out. I’ve managed to start going to the gym and being sober all week until the weekend comes. On Saturday i got so drunk I can’t remember how I got home, I have no idea what the hell I was doing for about 3 hours. Massive bonus that I woke up at home with all my stuff. I don’t want to live like this anymore but I’m struggling to finally put the alcohol away for good. It’s like my mind plays tricks on me and I’m too stupid to realise it. Anyways I’m new here and have no idea what I’m doing lol. All I know is I’m going to keep trying. :v:

5 Likes

Welcome, this is a great first step. A lot of good info on here.

1 Like

@Ooooops welcome onboard! Wow that’s a lot to take in living like that. Life seems very out of control at times in active addiction and it’s crazy all the risks involved.

Yeah good work sharing here. Have you started getting any group support outside or reading stuff about this condition? I know it can be a lot to take in but take it one step at a time!

1 Like

Hey and thank you. I’m considering going to a meeting but I really don’t like the idea of it. I’m going solo

2 Likes

I’m going solo too. What are the options if you’re not religious? I’m a few hours off 30 days. I have no intention of going back. There was nothing special about this time and the decision to quit but doubt I would have got this far without the book ‘the naked mind’.

1 Like

Weekends are tough. I find it helps to plan them meticulously. I book a load of classes or family stuff on Sunday, so it gives me an incentive to get an early night Saturday!

I also let me friends know I’m not drinking. So,big I see them, they don’t force booze on me.

It’s tricky but you’re already taking positive steps. You just have to say no the first few weekends. Maybe not go out, force yourself to stay in, until you feel a bit more confident in your sobriety x

1 Like

Hello and welcome here, I’m doing it on my own too. My DOC is alcohol. What helps my is coming here every day. It keeps my mind from thinking: well I can take just one.
I also told my family about my being sober.
Today is my 57st day sober. You can do that too, but you have to make changes and stick to it. There are a lot of tips here on the sober forum, so read a lot. It really helps! :+1:

2 Likes

I think I’m going to absolutely kill my self in the gym all weekend and then lock myself away. I do still feel quite positive, like I can really do it this time. Ive only drank one day a week for the last 5 weeks but that’s still one too many for me. Also very glad I found this place. Thanks everyone

1 Like

Oh ok. I respect your decision. It made sense to me when someone said “Struggling together is better than struggling alone”

Ofc you’re seeking us here too so that’s a community :slight_smile: keep us posted how it goes.

If you dont want to live like this there are meetings you can go to were there are people sober who have been were you have makes it easier wish you well

1 Like