I made it here

We really are just oversized children. I lost my Mom’s love around age 10 when she started locking me out of the house because I looked too much like my older sister who was getting in trouble. It’s tough to be rejected as a kid especially by the ones who are supposed to love you.
I’ve read my share of self help books and what really helped was seeing myself mother 10 year old me when I needed that. You visualize yourself holding your own hand at that stage and being there when you needed someone. Mother wounds are hard to heal but seeing my Mom as under-mothered as well (my grandma was not kind to her) helps me see her with compassion. I appreciate you talking and listening. I’m going to have a tiny cry and head to bed. I have to get up early to have family Thanksgiving tomorrow so I can put this compassion to the test. This helped me realize that I still need therapy. :face_holding_back_tears::flushed:

2 Likes

Im sorry i hope ive not upset you Emilie, great big hug to you :hugs: :heartbeat:

2 Likes

Absolutely not. Memories are hard. You have made me feel cared for and listened to. Have a good night/day friend. I’ll stay sober with you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Absolutely, thank you. You too :heart::muscle:

2 Likes

90 days is a big deal!! Congratulations!!! Keep going and be proud of what YOU are accomplishing!!! :heart:

2 Likes

That hurts and I totally understand how you feel. You just have to prove her wrong. Congratulations on 90 days :partying_face:

2 Likes