I made the call

I want to thank @Youwantpoachedeggs for their Smart Recovery recommendation. I checked out their site and found a meeting in my small town! I called the facilitator to ask if I’m welcome as a sex addict and for parking instructions. YES I will attend my first ever in person group tonight. He said he was proud of me for making the call and I said I’m trying. He proceeded to tell me no you didn’t try you DID it. You made the call! He’s right I did do it. He did say the group is small. I’m still worried I might know someone there or worse one of my acting out partners be there. Hopefully I’ll have a positive update soon.

22 Likes

Great job on making this first difficult step :muscle: This requires a lot of courage and commitment :clap:
Keep us posted how it all went :+1:

5 Likes

No matter else who is there, you’ll be there. Good for you!

4 Likes

It was only me and the facilitator tonight. He said the most he’s ever had at one time is 4. I might try an online meeting instead. After all that’s what I’ve been using for SAA anyway. So far I like their approach to challenging intrusive thoughts. Still not 100% sold yet but I’ll try again.

2 Likes

Proud of you :+1:

1 Like