I messed up!

I don’t know what got a hold of me, but I do know that I was blacked out passed out by 7:00pm last night. I don’t know what I did. I fucked up, the kids seen me that way, I ruined dinner and now I’m at work hungover and utterly embarrassed with myself. I feel stupid. I can’t believe I did that. I made it 33 days then I slipped a few times but not like this. I need to succeed! I have to overcome this or it will be my ruin.

6 Likes

Dont beat yourself up! 33 days is amazing, kids forgive, and other dinners can be made. You got today and tomorrow♥️. Today, take care of you, and tomorrow figure out what your tigger was and see what you will do different next time

5 Likes

It takes motivation to succeed in sobriety. If you have no motivation or you let your brain get the better of you and allow yourself to slip, you won’t succeed. Do you want to succeed? Do you want your kids to have a father? Do you want to be a role model for your kids on perseverance and strength? If yes, then that is all the motivation you need. You can’t allow yourself to slip. It takes strength of the mind to stay sober. Are you mentally strong?

1 Like

For me, a “slip” always lead to a relapse…the day I refused to pick up just one, was the day I finally got sober. For me, it became a choice to relapse. I chose sober

6 Likes

Have to get sober for yourself not you kids , get a good sober network round you and lift the phone rather the booze. booze will take everything from you your family your job your LIFE , so maybe its time for a new mindset try a zoom meeting or a face to face if there are any local ones wish you well

8 Likes

Thank you, I forget how great the support is here.

1 Like

It’s a fact. It’s hard sometimes to pick up the phone but it’s easy to get on here and talk about it.

Thank you. I just needed to remind myself that I can do this and that the support is here anytime I need help.

2 Likes

1 Like

I’m just wondering are you playing around with drinking. You know a beer here and there maybe one shot. Wake up and tell yourself ah that wasn’t to bad I can control this. Or did someone or something upset you and than you grabbed a bottle. Or hanging out with people oh drink. I’m confused on how you dont know what got a hold of you?

1 Like

come on here before you lift a drink that might help

2 Likes

This was me today I’m beyond tired of addiction :sleepy::weary:. Hope you feel better and take it one day at a time we gotta just get back up and keep on trucking :truck:. :blush:

1 Like