I messed up2

How are you doing @Junxisup27?
Hope you found the AA helpfull. The good thing about online meetings is you always can be anonymous if you like.

1 Like

Yes, I strongly suspect that that would be my case as well. First one glass. Then two. With friends, of course.

Then my usual nightly 2 bottles of wine, at home, my myself. :sob:

4 Likes

Personal experiences are valuable. I appreciate your honesty.

1 Like

I was a home alone drinker, no friends needed for get waisted. Nobody besides my partner knew about my drinking habits. Glad that’s behind me. I will always be an addict, I know I will. So I can’t have “just one”.

3 Likes

It’s like you’re describing me! Welcome @Nika, it’s lovely to meet you. Great job pouring the booze down the sink :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Try not to beat yourself up too much @Junxisup27. This journey is hard as hell! As Matt says, something needs to change. I wish you all the best. You are not alone, we are doing this with you. One day at a time :pray:t2::two_hearts: check this out what Rebecca just put up…

I’ve ne

2 Likes

I wondered the same thing. And heard the same No. Someone just posted this yesterday night. It helped me better understand why the answer is No and made me thankful for all the people on here who emphasis that.

2 Likes

It’s not a tv show Dan. It’s a video by an MD who explains why we get addicted and why we can’t stop once we cross a threshold. It talks about alcohol, opiates, cocaine and its affects on the brain of people like us. You should watch it. It’s really well done. :eight_pointed_black_star:

1 Like

There is a silver lining to this disease, those who make it out tend to appreciate life much more. The first step is accepting it for what it is. Keep trying, keep fighting, it’ll stick eventually

4 Likes

I went 10 days and relapsed. It felt like a just because I thought I could control a few. A few turned in to days. I’m now back gaining my power. Day #4. We don’t fail u less we STOP trying! I know that I have a lot to do in recovery and I’m working towards it. In IOP 3 days a week for 3 hrs a day x6 weeks. Seeing a medication management Dr as well as a therapist. It’s definitely a process, but keep pushing for recovery🙂. Thanks for being honest!

5 Likes

That was me, like what is one glass of wine!!! Apparently it’s a bender… I’m honestly jealous of the people who can enjoy a glass of wine with dinner and that is where it stops. I wonder what is wrong with my brain that I can’t do that :thinking:

3 Likes

You are totally fine, the idea is support it’s not a social status!! I just hope you are doing well and benefit from everything!!

1 Like

This is honestly the hardest thing for me to grasp

Thank you, @Junxisup27. 3rd day. Not easy but manageable. Turned down a dinner invitation for tonight where I knew wine will be served. So far, everyone around me is very supportive and understanding. Including the main culprit - ME.

How are you fairing?

3 Likes

Is there anyone that wants to just chat about life on the phone? 4808810056

I’m at 5 and 1/2 months from alcohol and I’m about to attend my first real social gathering. I do not feel I was ready before now and family and friends understood. Sounds like your friends also do. Maybe y’all could plan a night in without alcohol? I think we forget the fun we can have and it doesn’t require alcohol.

3 Likes

@Junxisup27. Just a heads up/reminder: The open forum is visible to the whole internet whether a member or not (or bot). Therfore we strongly recommend not publicly posting your phone number or other information, but offer to share it by private message as needed.

You may as you wish, but please bear that in mind!

3 Likes

One person in the couple does drink. The other does not. He said he would be happy to make tasty, elaborate non-alcoholic drinks for the 2 of us. They were both very supportive when I explained why I couldn’t do dinner quite yet.

2 Likes

It was really hard for me, too. I was in denial for a long time. Once you acknowledge it, though, it makes everything easier. It becomes a binary, yes or no decision. It cuts out the whole ’maybe I can moderate…’ grey area.

Great recovery communities out West. We are glad your here…

1 Like