I need advice please

Nothing feels real? Is that normal? It all feels like a dream but im in the brink of waking up… but it all feels like a simulation and it only feels real when im high ir buzzed… im so confused and i dont know what to do… im gonna try to get to around two weeks and see if anything changes… if anyone is experiencing the same thing please help out…

1 Like

I know exactly what you mean. After I quit drinking, I moved to weed, which I’d smoke most days. A few months later, I’d get these moments of disassociation. It was as if I was viewing the world from outside my body. I’m convinced it was all because of getting high, and it was scary to think about. Hopefully taking some time off will reduce this feeling for you. Best of luck :pray:

1 Like

Depersonalization can be normal, and is only an indicator of underlying disease when feelings become excessive, all-consuming, and interfere with daily living.

It could be a temporary withdrawal symptom. Keep an eye on it and if its not better in the next few days, i would recommend talking to a medical professional.

4 Likes

It’s not exactly the same thing but after I stopped drinking I felt like I was forgetting something every time I went somewhere, like I was really light and something was missing. It’s hard to explain. It went away after a little while.

Sorry, I know it’s not the same thing but maybe it will still help.

1 Like

I agree with @HoofHearted . You should talk to a medical professional. My daughter is a therapist I’m going to ask her what she thinks. I don’t want to diagnose you Ava but it does sound like dissociation which I feel you should take seriously. Wishing you all the best.

2 Likes

Not going to diagnose but i have a similar condition, mine is disassociation but it could also be depersonalization. It stems from anxiety and your flight or flight response but I would go to a mental health prof to diagnose if this continues…

2 Likes

Ava my daughter has been a therapist for ten years now. She has a Masters Degree and an overflowing practice. I read her what you said,and I hope you don’t feel I am betraying your privacy,but your post is very concerning. She said she obviously cannot diagnose you. Not enough information. But recommends you see a psychiatrist for an evaluation. I hope that is helpful. I love this community and while I have received support and love daily we aren’t doctors. I don’t even play one on t.v. Again I hope you don’t feel I overstepped but your post is a bit beyond the pale. Please be safe and take care of yourself.

1 Like

While i agree you should talk to a medical professional. Feelings of derealization and depersonalization are not usually indicators of an underlying medical condition. They are symptoms of anxiety. From my experience with this the feeling of derealization causes anxiety which causes derealization. Focus on lowering your anxiety.

This is very normal for quitting. You ARNT going crazy.

1 Like