I need an adult! Detox help plz

Almost day 7 w/o Heroin after 4years of a gram or two a day. Withdrawals are killing me. I slept the first two days almost straight. The last three have been non stop hell… Puking nonstop, can’t hold ANYTHING down, food, liquid, meds.havent slept in days… I need help getting through this everyone. I am a single father to two little girls I need to be here for … any advice, tips, tricks, to help curve this shit and be able to stop puking nonstop and sleep some please??? I hate my kids witness this “sickness”, I’m dealing with (withdrawals)… Any help would be stellar… Was going to use subs. But I don’t want to trade one addiction for another…

6 Likes

I don’t have any super helpful advice, only suggestions and IANAD (I am not a Dr!) :two_hearts:

Do you have a medication assisted sobriety clinic for Sub/Naltrexone? I’d call them for sure! I’m on Nal and it’s going well! I’m not sure how well it’ll help but when I’m withdrawing from SSRIs or alcohol I take a 3-6-9 Omega fish oil vitamin which somehow really helps with the brain pains!

I’m so sorry you’re struggling but this stranger is so proud of you! Getting it together for kids is such a great purpose! You got this!!

2 Likes

This is the worst I’ve ever had it… Last few times cleaning up was 3-5days then everything got better… But fuck. The one time I actually decide to quit myself… It’s absolutely hell …

2 Likes

Oh yea. I find it’s much harder when you really want it!! Life making you work for the good times!! 😮‍💨

1 Like

It is a lot harder each time you quit, each time got worse for me until the last time and the last time was that the last time

I however can suggest you talk to a Dr, maybe medication assisted treatment might benefit you to get you right.

2 Likes

Don’t even know where to look for a Dr. Tbh… Ty though.

I’d start with maybe talking to your general practice physician they may lead you to the right direction, their is mental health facilities and similar that offer outpatient treatment as well as methadone clinics, I’d just start googling stuff in your area and making phone calls, you might have to do therapy to go with the treatment plan, but it only benefits you

2 Likes

I wish I could … I’m a single father of two girls, their only parent… I can’t afford any kind of in house program I have to be home… Or I’d gladly take you up on this man… Tbh I just need some zofran rn I think…

Zofran will help with vomiting and that’s about it

1 Like

That’s what’s fucking me up the most…

1 Like

You are battling a life or death illness, its so important you come out the other side sober! You and your children are worth this fight.

I cant give physical advice as I know this withdrawl can be very serious and would not want to understate it. Be willing to call 911 if youre not improving and you dont have other options.

One resource to call is the poison control center - the internet tells me that doctors sometimes consult them for opioid withdrawls.

Do you have friends or family you can reach out to? Even small things like a favor to bring you some food or take the kids somewhere fun? A trusted teacher or caregiver?

Rooting for you.

3 Likes

I have my mother, and a little brother. Both work full time with more shit to do a day than time to do it… And no friends, always had severe social issues…

1 Like