I need help 🥺

I feel like I made a mistake. I had a chance to go to a sober living community with my kids and I passed up that opportunity. I thought I was ready and could take on the world after 30 days. The thoughts are coming back. The overwhelming urges are still there. I know in the deepest parts of my soul that it’s just a matter of time. I want to try and get that opportunity back. This is tearing me up. Any advice?

7 Likes

Firstly welcome, my service would be too read around here and visit daily, you can search out topics using the magnifying glass above. Secondly look for meetings in your area and go to one every day if possible for thirty days or more. The sober living would have been good for you but you have reached thirty days so you can do this. :nerd_face:

5 Likes

Can you ask for your spot back? Call the community, tell them you think you made a mistake and ask if you can come in or get back on a list. Don’t give up.

6 Likes

First, welcome…coming here is a great step. Be extremly active. There is so much advice and support here. Coming here saved my life.

It doesnt have to be this way. It may not seem like it, but its 100% a choice. You can choose to relapse, or you can choose to find a recovery group like AA/NA/Recovery Dharma/SMArt…you made a choice to come here, just fight hard and keep making good sober choices.

5 Likes

Be proactive about this, see if you can get this opportunity back asap. I know this feeling you’re talking about, you need to do something NOW.

If you do nothing you will relapse without a shadow of a doubt. Stay active here. Everyone has been very supportive to me, and there is so much to read and lots of great advice.

Act on this, and fast. Good luck

4 Likes

Thank you for the advice! This seems to be a common response I have gotten. I should have mentioned I completed my 30 days May 17th. Toughing my way through and my support system I have now at home just isn’t enough for me. I feel myself gradually slipping.

This is the kind of energy I’m looking for. I need encouragement and options. Staying still and not taking action is going to be my down fall. Thank you so much!

2 Likes

I’m in a bad environment. I’m having a hard time focusing on my recovery while learning how to be a mom again. I feel stuck.

Any recovery programs around you? Its amazing the resources I found at the AA meetings i went.

1 Like

You are welcome. I’ve just gotten over a 2 week relapse, and what you described is exactly how I felt before I relapsed. I was sober several months.

I don’t want the same thing to happen to you, so please, be proactive about this. I white knuckled through it, and I shouldn’t have.

Being a mom is tough. Just get through it the best way that you can, and lean on people that can help you with your kids. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. As much as we love our kids, it’s not all smooth sailing. That can be very triggering. We aren’t all perfect parents, we are just doing the best we can, and so are you.

5 Likes

You’ve got lots of support here. Stay busy. Learn to breathe when you are feeling overwhelmed. Our breath is designed to regulate our emotions. God knew what he was doing.

2 Likes

Just keep coming back. Even if you feel like you need to scratch that itch. Come here and talk it out instead. :mending_heart: don’t let the doc win! Take it one second at a time if you must but keep moving forward.

I hope that opportunity comes back to you because it’s definitely hard on your own. Sending love and power

I was once in that position. A spot at a sober living home opened up much sooner than I had expected. At the time I thought that was what I wanted, but deep down I knew I wasn’t ready to make that kind of commitment. However, another opportunity did come up and I took it. It changed my life completely. This just wasn’t the right time to go but don’t give up! Another chance will come. Stay sober. It’s worth it. Message me anytime. :heart:

2 Likes