I need inspiration for this

Thank you so much, this was so lovely read and I think this is a beautiful way to look at recovery :two_hearts:

1 Like

You should be so proud of not stopping at the liquor store, that’s inspiring. Would you mind sharing some of the podcasts and books you found helpful. I am not happy when I’m sober.

Hi @Princessbabygirl , I’m really glad your still with us we’re all learning and doing things one day at a time and Thank you @Starlight14 :pray:t2:i needed this post today ,I’m in an emotionally weird place this morning but I’m now going to feed myself grab a bottle of water and take my vitamin s even tho I don’t have the inclination to do it

2 Likes

I tried to set a date, waited until I ran out, stopping cold turkey, slowly going down. I think everyone here has pointed out that I need to put sobriety as a priority and part of who I am. I need to connect more and normalise being in a sober community :two_hearts:

2 Likes

See that is the beautiful inspiration I wanted :two_hearts: I know everyone here will not approve but my husband still smokes so I am around it. So it is hard for me to be away from it. I did a thing where I wrote down what the big pillars of my identity and I realise that sobriety needs to become a part of who I am and to stay inspired.

2 Likes

It is a deeper problem. I tried to think of things to say, like I’ve been to therapy, I know it’s a problem, I have depression, I have bipolar as excuses for it being a small part of the issue. But thinking about it, my addiction itself is as deep and who am I to just settle and not want a better life

1 Like

I can imagine that not having to fight yourself because you just couldn’t get it would helped. What podcasts helped you? :two_hearts:

Wow you are so very strong for that :two_hearts:

Thats so good for my soul to read that i have inspired others through my words…it starts small…push yourself to look after yourself better and then the care for yourself will develop over time until eventually it becomes your new normal then all of that hurting your body and mind will become a distant memory in your sober brain…you can do it…small steps ok xx

2 Likes

Can hubby at least do it away from you possibly? You can do this you know…its all a journey…sometimes it takes a while for sobriety to stick so keep at it…i used to tell myself over and over that relapsing just isnt an option because i am worth more than that life and so i have to find another way to deal with life…at the start that new way was reaching out here exactly as your doing now…its ok to not feel ok sometimes…everythingyou feel is valid because you feel it…but remember that those are the times to reach out not hide in shame ok? Xxx

2 Likes

I have always worried about AA, I live rurally and have to travel almost an hour to get there and I get worried it will be people I grew up with or knew. It’s silly and excuses but I want to put myself in a better path to achieve that

1 Like

I tried to say I just won’t do it and everything else can stay the same but I am seeing that isn’t possible

1 Like

Just for today :two_hearts::two_hearts:

This is another post here that has really opened my eyes seeing that I need this community and it’s apart of who I am and now part of my identity will be staying sober.

3 Likes

How inspiring that you accepted the help, I know for me, after trauma I have put my use into overdrive. I did start to think about how long I’ve been trying to “get clean” for and I realised I have actually done this before. Through all my life I have been an addict, I struggled deeply with addiction in the past but I got sober then. Because it is a different vice I didn’t realise that until now. But I’ve done it, even when I thought it was impossible. And both times I did it by putting myself first. This just feels so much harder because I’ve been in active addiction for 4 years

2 Likes

@Princessbabygirl you might meet people you know in AA ,personally I haven’t (their all still out there) but if you do you will only have a positive experience from that. They will know like you your struggles and understand the journey your on .there is an MA too for marijuana addicts

2 Likes

I have found online meetings very helpful. You can opt for AA, or SMART, or Recovery Dharma or other formats. You can always just listen in.

I was always very anxious to do this, even joining an online meeting. It took me ages, but at some point I at least logged in into an online Recovery Dharma meeting with microfone muted and camera off. It took the overwhelm down.

After a few times listening in I felt comfortable enough to leave the camera on and even take part in the short introduction. Now I participate several times a week and am about to co-facilitate a meeting.

And should you try a meeting and not feel comfortable: try others. There are so many options out there nowerdays.

3 Likes

Thank you so much it is inspiring to see how those before me got through their journey :two_hearts:

It seems impossible. Every time I’ve tried I still have in the back of my mind like well if I’m wonder until this time I can treat myself or I can’t see myself making it through that without smoking. I need to see there is no right time

1 Like

Thank you :pray::two_hearts: