I only got one shot

Im resetting and regretting. I seem to be my own worst enemy. Today the first time in such a long time I told myself gave myself a pep talk. I CAN do this! My kids need me! For the first time in a little over a year I feel I can do this I am the boss of me! Not herion! Herion is no longer in control of me! I will fight this with every fight I have left in me! I AM MY OWN BOSS AND I AM STRONG! First step to sobriety is admitting I AM AN ADDICT!

13 Likes

Welcome,I’m happy you have made your way to this loving community,my name is Emma I’m a month clean today from a 20 year heroin and benzo addiction,I’d like to start with you can do this,is you want it bad enough it can be done,but …it will be the fight of your life…I’ve had several failed detoxes ,been in n out of prisons and have died more that once I’m nearly 40 and I’ve had enough,you say you have kids,and being clean for yourself and then is a great feeling,do you do n.a if not I’d advise you find yourself a home group clean ppl helping others stay clean is where you need to be . stay connected here I’d love to see your journey flourish.xx

5 Likes

Hi and welcome to ts I’m also a heroin addict. I got into recovery and of January and like yourself I had to fight with everything I have … R u going to get maintenance meds from doctor or cold Turkey? I work a 12 steps programme and go to meetings each week I use this app on a daily basis and only have clean and soba people in my life . I’ve had to change the people places and things that trigger me and it’s so worth it x

1 Like

Hi Savanna, sorry to hear about your stumble. Sobriety is a journey and it hurts when you fall. But you are here, you’re admitting you have a problem, and you are seeking advice and support. You’ve already started your journey :innocent:

Lots of good advice on this thread so far from two wonderful people who are walking the path too. Especially the advice about seeking an in-person group was one key part of my turnaround. We addicts have a history of being alone, running away, and when we turn to a group and find connection with each other it helps us heal.

You can do this. It will take change and change is unfamiliar. But you can do this. You have the courage and determination to do it. Looking forward to walking the journey with you :grinning:

1 Like

Here’s a couple:
www.na.org

Is there a meeting near you somewhere?

1 Like