I picked the wrong time to... (bonus points if you get the reference)

So nearly 3 weeks ago I was laid off… but the next day got hired back at an old job, starting 10/31…

Well, I just found out today I am not starting Monday. For whatever reason, not that it matters. I should have bugged them after I got the job, to do paperwork or something… because then I might have found out sooner (working on taking ownership instead of blaming others).

So now i am without a job, and burned through 2 weeks of my severence.

I’m still looking. Hubby suggested i apply for unemployment (already did that when I was laid off) so at least I can get that until i find something else.

I’m only a little over a month sober… The last few days I have been trying to wean off the Gabapentin… maybe I should not do that just yet. It’s Friday afternoon and the justifications to fall are clear and present in my mind.

I’m being proactive. I’m posting here. I’m going to take my gab. I’m waiting for my son, then I’m going to tell my husband not to leave me alone for the rest of the weekend, just in case.

Knowing you’re limits is half the battle, right? sigh

7 Likes

Proud of you for “telling on yourself” and asking your hubby and us here to hold you accountable. Good job! Have faith that you will find something better. If i remember correctly this placement was in sales and you were iffy about it anyways

1 Like

You have got this! And, you will find a position that is right for you. It may be a blessing in disguise that you are not returning to a place you have already been.

2 Likes

The reference: I picked the wrong time to… Is from the movie ‘Airplane’ :blush:

3 Likes

Yeah… i would prefer something more reliable than sales. I’m good at sales, but I preferit as my side hustle. Thanks. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, right? Lol

I am hopeful… or, I’m trying to be. Lol. To much time to think… i ordered a mop, wish it was here already because i feel like doing some real cleaning (my husband has only swiffered the kitchen for the 7 years we’ve lived here… yuk). Lol.

Yep. You got it!! Congrats. You are either old, like me, lol, or watch old movies a lot. :smiley:

1 Like

Oh, sister, I hear you. In your shoes, I might be down on my hands and knees with a bucket of hot bleach water and a rag- just rocking my inner Cinderella.

My husband hates it when I stress clean… he will come home to a sparkling house, and not be able to find any of his sh*t.

Lol. Yep. It’s so out of character for me, but so far my husband loves it… just wait til he finds out I’ve been throwing stuff away…

I’ll give you some input

Good on you for not drinking, the gabapentin I’m sure your prescribed? I would consult with your doctor about a plan to remove gabapentin from your meds.

Yes… its prescribed. Only been on it little over a month. I hate taking meds so was resistant at first… i wasn’t to wean off… but you are right, i should talk to my doc about it.