I quit it ALL

I now know why I was using marijuana and drinking vodka so much. Working at my job has changed me as a person and it was time to leave. I have been 8 days sober and I’m going to slowly look for new employment as my urine cleans itself. I know it may take some time ao I may have to fake but I’m going to do what I’ve got to. Even though I am now unemployed I feel so much better that a weight has been lifted off my shoulders

3 Likes

I am at almost 3 weeks. Work and personal situations can bring you down. Always think past the bad moments. You will be able to bring yourself to a much better place. It is not easy. Also find employment at a place that is fun to you and challenging. Try going to some meetings they can provide the foundation as well. Good luck and we are here if you need us :call_me_hand::+1:

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words. I use to work for Target I never want to set foot in place again even if I ran out of toilet paper. I did turn my brain off and I have a bachelor’s degree so now it is time to challenge myself more. I wish you the best too

1 Like

You can do it. Yes it’s hard. That’s coming from someone who feels that hey have failed. I’ve lost real love. Real progress… everything to lose but life… I have lost. You can do it. Alter your patterns and thought cycles. Try cbt therapy. You can achieve where many have failed. Put in the effort. For you. Love. Life. Liberty.

2 Likes

You are so sweet and I thank you. I wish you all the best. Failure isn’t an option anymore. I will try that therapy I’m always looking for something new

I’m at day 7 and watching everyone yesterday at the Springs getting wasted and sloppy really made me see my good choices. Today I got up with no hangover and ready to enjoy the beautiful weather again.

4 Likes

Isn’t that a good feeling?!! Waking up without a headache/hangover then pretty much feeling like garbage all day…I do not miss that for sure! It definitely keeps me on the straight path when I think about those days, it makes my stomach curl lol. Have a great day! Hoping for a little sunshine here today, yesterday was a gloomy rainy day. :blush: oh and keep up the good work!

3 Likes

Thanks Amiss, yes headed Tommy local lake here in my town with my 8 year old daughter. Me and her mom never worked out unfortunately I’m willing to get help with my issues and help my self others may now care to do so but luckily being sober allows me time with my daughter and desire to do fun things with her instead of being short tempered and lazy.

1 Like

That’s great you get to spend quality time with your daughter :heart: She will love it I’m sure. It’s neat when we start making new memories (and can actually remember them!) You’re on a good path, keep going. It’s pretty cool the further you get, not easy, you have to do the work but it’s worth it. Enjoy daddy daughter time!

2 Likes

YES! Decide to be better, and then be better! Set some goals and then crush them. Let the first thoughts you have upon waking (sober) be “New day. Endless opportunities. Get up and get after it”. Then keep getting better at getting better each and every day. Better today than you were yesterday and tomorrow better still.

1 Like

Your sweet Stevie thanks