I reached 8 months clean today

So today marks 8 months clean of all narcotics. L made a beautiful home made card with a lovely note inside, on top of that she got me a new necklace with a crescent moon on it to wear around my neck to give me even more strength and determination. On top of that I received my 8 months clean coin. On the back it reads: “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference”

I even went out last night with one of my oldest friends who I used to use a lot with but he understands my recovery journey and doesn’t use anything in front of me, I’m sure he was just drinking last night as we went to the pub for a couple of drinks. Drug tested first thing this morning before work and passed with flying colours.

Feeling really pleased with myself and forever grateful for the love and unconditional support from L, I wouldn’t be where I am today without her by my side giving me strength and being my higher power (although she’s a whole foot shorter than me :joy:)

16 Likes

Right on!!! Congratulations on your 8 months, you are amazing. The card and the sentiment is beautiful. Keep heading in the positive direction:)

Good shit man. Congrats. I read you went to the pub for a couple of drinks. I know everyone’s recovery is there own, so just wanted to say if you are having a couple drinks…plz be careful as that can easily lead you back to the other shit. That was the case for me anyways. Other then that happy for you, good job

1 Like

Congrats on 8 months! Such a beautiful card!! What a lucky guy. :grin: