I Really Don't Drink Anymore

I went to rehab at 26, five months after my older sister was murdered. The grief combined with alcoholism was too much to handle. Something had to give. I did 30 days and never relapsed until 18 years later. I was keeping the wrong company and let my guard down. But I have to see that as a life lesson. All that happened since then brought me here. And I’m good with here. I’m nothing if not perseverant!

8 Likes

Thank you everyone! I appreciate each of you. This is a special place. Kinda hate why we all found it (Googling addicion?)… but it is a place where we are surrounded by friends. Even though most of us haven’t met in person it is the spirit that I can feel! I love you guys!

8 Likes

Back at’cha @Mbwoman! That’s quite a journey you’ve had - thank you so much for sharing it. It is people like yourself and @LeeHawk and, hell, pretty much all of us, that I draw strength from.
And I agree. Here is a very, very good place to be. :relieved: :pray:

Excited for your week ahead - and the journey from there! :orange_heart:

3 Likes

Thanks, Emm. Good things and bad in life are better sober. I laugh and cry differently now. Looking forward to Saturday. But…the woman with astoundingly great health has a summer cold! But…I have 6 days to kick it to the curb. Challenge on!

3 Likes

And…day 860…got married…am sitting in the airport getting ready to fly to Costa Rica for my honeymoon…

Sober. Very, very sober!

9 Likes

Yay! Congrats! Would love a pic of that beautiful country if you have time!

2 Likes

If we ever get there…flight delays!!

1 Like

Congratulations MB
I had no idea.
Have a great time.
I reckon you’ll get there when you get there. And it will be worth it.
:pray:t2::heart:

IMG_2602

2 Likes

Thanks Eric! We are just waiting patiently. All we can do! Looking forward to R&R when we get there.

1 Like

Congratulations :tada:. This is beautiful. Have a beautiful sober honeymoon

1 Like

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

What an amazing and inspiring story! Congratulations you deserve the best !! :gift_heart::gift_heart:

1 Like

I have a big goofy grin on my mug for you! You certainly deserve much happiness. You spread love wherever you go. Thank you for sharing your sobriety with us. Blessings :pray: are showering on your house!

1 Like

Great post! I’m blessed to have you here and without this forum I too would of carried on struggling. Congrats on your sober time and good luck on the big day……exciting times :smiling_face::hugs::pray:t2::two_hearts::two_hearts:

1 Like

@Sunshine-girl, @Thirdmonkey, @Starshine, @SinceIAwoke, @Blondie1x
Your kindness is bringing tears to my eyes. I am in paradise with my best friend, now husband…only because I’m sober. Those who don’t understand addiction might think we exaggerate. Ummm…no!! It is that bad. And once we choose the road to recovery, everything changes. At least it did for me. I was dying. Love to everyone. Just so many thanks!!!

4 Likes

I’ve seen this time and again, that when a drunk commits at depth to sobriety, everything does change.
Enjoy your honeymoon time!

3 Likes

Thanks, Dan.