I really just want this feeling to go away

I’ve never been to a meeting I’m 62 days sober today I feel like I need a meeting in my life more than ever I’m unable to go due to a 14 day covid 19 quarantine I’ve been self isolated in my room flooded with emotions and I’m falling and just want it to go away I’m scared I’m getting ready to turn to a bottle of whiskey

3 Likes

There are meetings via zoom.

2 Likes

Hey Ken…I’m sorry you’re having a rough time. I had to do a 14 day quarantine a few weeks ago and know how isolating it can feel :yellow_heart:

There are tons of zoom meetings going on right now. I can’t say that it will feel exactly the same…but…Getting into a space, either real or virtual with others who know how it feels is invaluable!

Or we are here on TS as well if you need to vent!

2 Likes

62 days is awesome! I hope you find a way to push through, Ken.
Did you want to try the zoom meeting they have going on now with this group of folks? They’re a great bunch and it will lift your spirits.

2 Likes

I felt the same at day 89. Day 90 I moved mountains and went…best thing I ever did

1 Like

Hey Ken, sorry to hear you are having a rough time. Christmas can be hard enough without early sobriety and quarantine in the mix!

As has been said there are lots of online meetings. Check www.intherooms.com or try recoverydharma.org/meeting-list - other options are available.

Depending on where in the world you are there are also lots of helplines… Check out Resources for our recovery for various recovery networks and helplines.

Keep on keeping on friend… The sun is always there behind the clouds :partly_sunny::pray::sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Checking in @Ken1 how you holding up buddy?

1 Like

If a meeting is what you feel you need, then you should definitely go. There is nothing wrong with needing support in your sobriety, it shows strength of character to admit that.

Do you know how to find a meeting in your area? I can help if you need resources, and i am sure any of the regular posters on here would help you too if you aren’t comfortable with me for whatever reason. :blush:

Your fine and appreciate your help

2 Likes

There is some zoom marathon meetings going on for the holidays I can get you a link if need be

1 Like

Can you go to meetings in person? As long as you take precautionary measures I’m sure it would be okay.

If you would be more comfortable doing virtual meetings, that intherooms.com that @siand is actually really good from what i have heard, and it is free

1 Like

Can you help me find zoom meetings in my area to I’m confused on how to do it? I’m not computer smsrt.

Hang in there Ken you’ve come so far.