I relapsed after 1.5 years, i'm seeking community

I was using every day about two years ago, i lost my friends and relationship with family, but i went through hell and back to get sober. I don’t know what happened, but two weeks ago i relapsed and It’s my junior year of high school, so too much is on the line for me to go back to using. This is my first time relapsing and the cravings have been bad, and i feel isolated because nobody around me is or has dealt with addiction and specifically maintaining sobriety long term. The cravings are bad because i am going through a stressful time with school and everything; I just need to talk to someone who understands and has been through this. I don’t want to go back to the me that was using daily, but i also need to change my attitude because something must have been wrong for me to relapse after almost two strong years of sobriety.

13 Likes

Welcome to the site @reneezydaisy … you have come to a good place to get support.
Being here is a good first step …

2 Likes

Hopefully you will get right back to not using.
Being accountable here is one tool to help you.
People here will understand what you’re going through and offer helpful suggestions.
Congrats to you for realizing you wanted to discontinue what you were doing to have the 1.5 years to start with.
I’m sorry about the relapse.

3 Likes

Welcome :hugs:

This is a great place to reach out, I hope to see you around :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Welcome to the community - I’m glad you have reached out. There are resources out there, have you talked with a counselor at all? Some schools have social workers or school counselors that might be able to get you connected to help. You definitely don’t have to do this alone. I’m glad you’re here and are committed to working on your recovery again. Lean on the clean time you have had and know you can absolutely live a clean and sober life.

2 Likes

We’re all here for you if you need to talk :v:t2:

@reneezydaisy first of all congratulations on working through 1.5 years of sobriety. What a solid effort. It must be tough to relapse, but it seems you may be tough enough to go at it again. One day at a time. You have a wealth of experience to draw on, so hopefully that may get you on track again. Juggling school and general life as a young person can seem daunting, let alone working through addiction. As @RosaCanDo mentioned schools usually have people you can talk to, if not there may be some support available online, chat or phone. You can always come on here and chat with like minded people. It definitely helps when I start to struggle with cravings. Looking forward to seeing you crush it!

Don’t be hard on yourself we are all human. You got this though. Reach out anytime you need a friend for support :heart::blush: