I relapsed again i got my job lossed

I’m writing here to inform my bad day, that is happened due to my relapse. I lost my job today. i’m back to my home country in two weeks. I dont know where to start.
I so depressed. I want to stay with my family. here im alone always depressed and that makes me to drink.

13 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about your job. That is tough to deal with. I hope being with your family will help you.
And remember, support from your family may help, but getting sober will be from your effort. We addicts can find any reason to drink: far from family, family too interfering, in a strange place, a familiar place is too boring, etc. The point is we try to escape feelings rather than face them. That is the main problem, and it follows us wherever we go.

14 Likes

I thought the same exact thing. As my sober days added up, i gained some clearity, worked at my recovery…i saw things differently…

The reason I drank, i am an alcoholic. I would use anything as an excuse to drink. Drinking never made me feel better. It always made me feel worse.

I took a second to think about all my non drinler friends…do they not feel depressed, angry…ect?

They do, they are human…they just had coping skills.

I had to relearn how to live, and with that feeling all the emotions that come with life.

14 Likes

I’ve lost jobs as a result of my substance use. More than one actually. It’s tough to swallow but I’m sure it’s not completely surprising either. It certainly wasn’t a surprise when it happened to me.

But now that you have free time perhaps you can focus on your recovery full time, rather than taking the toe-in the water approach. Being unemployed allowed me a few months of complete focus on recovery. I treated it like a job at first and as a result I was rewarded with a happy and sober life

16 Likes

I’m sorry that you relapsed and lost your job. I do hope that being around your family will be helpful in getting you back on track with sobriety. Hopefully you can focus on yourself and possibly do a recovery program that may kickstart your sobriety?

Drinking is such a disease and makes you feel like it can solve our problems when in reality it is the root of all our problems. You have stacked up some good sober days so i know you can do this again. Stay connected and don’t let the guilt or shame from the relapse hold you back. ODAAT - we are right here with you :hugs:

7 Likes

I’m sorry about that Sarath :pensive:
The trouble is, we can change the place we are living in but we are always are carrying the problem with us wherever we go.
Because we are the problem, our addiction is. The good part is: we ourselves can fix it too. But it’s not easy as you know by now and we can’t do it by ourselves entirely.
Does your family know about your addiction?
If they know they can help and support you.
Are there rehabs ore AA in your country of origin? Is there some kind of help you can add to your recovery?
Glad you are here Sarath, do not give up.
And remember: using alcohol makes us depressed, it’s causing it!

8 Likes

Thanks Claudia,

I’m planning to fly back to India by 25th of this month. Im sober for 3 days today. I cannot relapse again…. Because i have addiction. I cannot drink like others.
Now im not 0 but if i continue i will be 0. Thanks for your support

1 Like

I do not understand what you mean by this sentence.

If sobriety is as important as you say it is I hope you have a plan. You haven’t seemed to want to engage here much so I’m hoping you have found a program in real life

Yes im rare here but im attending AA Meetings

That means now I didn’t lost everything, if i continue i will lost everything

3 Likes

Hi @sarath_unrelax well done for going to AA meeting s that’s a great step . I hope there you feel your learning to understand why you feel the way you do and that it’s not your fault. look after yourself and if you need anyone to talk to ts and all of us are here doing it too :pray:t2:

1 Like

Thanks your support. Today is 5th day.

When i came to my room early morning the security of building said use intercom but my baby is sleeping i cannot do it. So we talked each other , after another security allowed me to enter room. That time my anger became high that made me cravings to drink but i sit back and relax said to me that because of my brain… cool down

2 Likes

Good this is good ,you didn’t drink …:blush:brain needs to cool down yes ,tiny steps even minutes coping with your cravings will make more no drinking days ,your doing great

2 Likes

Hi @sarath_unrelax how are you doing today

Hello,

Im good, i got enough sleep last night. Im flying after two days to my home country (India). These days im attending AA meeting as much i can. My next goal is to get another good job, im a computer engineer, i will learn new skills ftom my home within 3 months. Very important is to stay sober those days.
Im very thankful for all for supporting me :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Keep pushing trough Sarath, you can do it.
Well done so far.
Have a safe journey back home. It will be good to see your family again!

Thanks Claudia !

I don’t know what will happen tomorrow but i keep myself sober today. I want to get another job

3 Likes

That’s good @sarath_unrelax im glad you’ve got a plan ,your skills and continued sobriety will definitely take you towards your goals well done your inspiring me

1 Like

Day 8

I’m living today. My mind is clear now, and I’m flying back to India tomorrow. Today, my friend came to wish me a happy journey. At that moment, my mind drifted to the times we used to drink in similar situations. However, I quickly reminded myself of the consequences of my last relapse.

3 Likes