On the brightside, I did not binge as much as I could have because of a last minute work situation. God is looking out for me and for us all.
Try to learn something out of it so you can avoid a new one. Most of us has our share of relapses, so did I. But it helped me to look at them and make practical solutions to avoid a new one.
I made a sober plan, I share it with you. Maybe it’s helpfull for you too.
- No alcohol in my house
- Refrigerator filled with nice food and alc. free drinks
- Telling my spouse about my sober plan
- Avoid alcohol related activities and friends (at least in the beginning)
- Having a day counter
- Avoid wine/beer section in the supermarket and avoid liquor store
- Taking a strong vitamine B complex
- Taking melatonin to help me sleep
- Be gentle to myself, like go to bed early, taking a long bath, etc.
- Doing relaxing activaties like meditate, yoga, walking, etc.
- When I have cravings: I don’t pick up that first one but I walk, run, work out, eat chocolat, watch Netflix, clean, study, whatever.
- Ask for help when I need it.
- Be here every day to read and check in sober.
I also made myself a promise. I gave myself 1 year to get sober. If I wouldn’t make it I would go to AA. For now this app is my program. I’m here every day since my day 1. Almost 9 months sober now.
I wish you the same and you can do just that!
Go for it!
Don’t be hopeful…do something about it. I don’t mean that harshly…rather I’m trying to motivate you. Basically take some time to stop and think about why you picked up again and put together a plan to make sure you do it better the next time you find yourself in the same situation (because there will ALWAYS be a next time…I guarantee it). Just hoping that you do better is setting yourself up to do exactly the same thing.
I’m very proud of you for not drinking as much as you could have and for coming here and being honest about it. Those are great things. Be proud of yourself. But you know you can do more.
YOU CAN DO THIS!!
Thanks. I hope you make it to 365 days and beyond. I am going for 90 days.
Thank you. I agree about doing something and not just being hopeful but I am hopeful because I see small progress in my current actions because before I was pretty bad. I with from minutes to hours and now I’m giving days a real shot. If I can make it to 90 days, man oh man.