I Started a Blog About My Addiction and Recovery

I’ve been really inspired by the recovery memoirs I’ve been reading that I started my own blog, I have a website for it and everything. I started at the very beginning of my drinking, how it progressed, and now I’m starting to write about my sobriety this time around. I took a risk and shared it with my classmates. They know that I’m sober and they’ve heard a few stories but I wanted to share it with them first before I decide whether or not I want to share it with others. Honestly, even if no one reads it, it is helping me. I think it’s important for my sobriety and recovery. Earlier in the week I sent in a submission to the Temper (it’s like the Huffington Post for the sober community). It was about the drinking culture living in a resort town. It wasn’t accepted currently but they encouraged me to submit again. Even though it wasn’t accepted, I am proud of myself for getting out of my comfort zone. I’m continuing to write my blog and it makes me feel better. And in the end, that’s all that matters. :slight_smile:

Edit: Below is the link to my blog!! **I have changed the names of people to provide a little bit of privacy. I hope you guys enjoy it. Disclaimer: I do write about my addiction and share stories of when I was actively drinking (parts 1 thru 9 under my blog feed). It may or may not be triggering to read. Just wanted to put that out there!

15 Likes

:+1:
Too true.
Nice one.

1 Like

You should link it here when you are ready

1 Like

I definitely will. Probably within the next few days. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is great @BrookieB! Sounds like a positive step in your healing.

I will look forward to reading it here or on the Temper (which I love).

:heart:

3 Likes

Below is the link to my blog!! I hope you guys enjoy it. Disclaimer: I do write about my addiction and share stories of when I was actively drinking (parts 1 thru 9 under my blog feed). It may or may not be triggering to read. Just wanted to put that out there!

4 Likes

I think this is great! Bravely talking about your sober journey robs your addiction of any lingering power (shame). I read a couple of posts. Great introspection. Keep getting better at getting better!

1 Like