I Started a Blog About My Addiction and Recovery

I’ve been really inspired by the recovery memoirs I’ve been reading that I started my own blog, I have a website for it and everything. I started at the very beginning of my drinking, how it progressed, and now I’m starting to write about my sobriety this time around. I took a risk and shared it with my classmates. They know that I’m sober and they’ve heard a few stories but I wanted to share it with them first before I decide whether or not I want to share it with others. Honestly, even if no one reads it, it is helping me. I think it’s important for my sobriety and recovery. Earlier in the week I sent in a submission to the Temper (it’s like the Huffington Post for the sober community). It was about the drinking culture living in a resort town. It wasn’t accepted currently but they encouraged me to submit again. Even though it wasn’t accepted, I am proud of myself for getting out of my comfort zone. I’m continuing to write my blog and it makes me feel better. And in the end, that’s all that matters. :slight_smile:

Edit: Below is the link to my blog!! **I have changed the names of people to provide a little bit of privacy. I hope you guys enjoy it. Disclaimer: I do write about my addiction and share stories of when I was actively drinking (parts 1 thru 9 under my blog feed). It may or may not be triggering to read. Just wanted to put that out there!

15 Likes

You should link it here when you are ready

1 Like

I definitely will. Probably within the next few days. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is great @Brookiemonster618! Sounds like a positive step in your healing.

I will look forward to reading it here or on the Temper (which I love).

:heart:

3 Likes

Below is the link to my blog!! I hope you guys enjoy it. Disclaimer: I do write about my addiction and share stories of when I was actively drinking (parts 1 thru 9 under my blog feed). It may or may not be triggering to read. Just wanted to put that out there!

4 Likes

I think this is great! Bravely talking about your sober journey robs your addiction of any lingering power (shame). I read a couple of posts. Great introspection. Keep getting better at getting better!

1 Like