I think I figured out my trigger

@Weakbutstrong. This one is pretty relevant too

Hey, thanks for sharing. It takes a lot to just say whats on your mind, let alone something so traumatic. I too experienced sexual abuse when i was younger. And boy did it have an empact on me. When the abuse stopped, thats when drugs and alcohol started for meā€¦ i didnt put two and two together until a professional pointed it out to me. I had to do A LOT of work in order to move forward. And part of that work was talking to a professional. Thats just what worked for meā€¦ But with time, i was able to forgive the person and stop letting it hold me haustage! Bc thats exactly how i felt. I used amd drank to mask those feelings. And boy was i angry!!! So with A LOT of work and forgiveness, ive moved onā€¦ and you can do the same, but not alone. Your not super woman lol. You need help! And thats ok! Its ok to not be able to do it all on your own! Its ok!
Ive had a lot of counseling for addiction and alcoholism. Couples counseling. A therapist i see regularly. I go to AA meetings also.
So there is nothing wrong with seeking help when needed! You need to do this for your sanity. What do you have to lose? Go to 5 sessions and if it isnt helping, which i think it will, stop goingā€¦ Simple as that.
If your partner would be willing to do couples counseling, i feel it would help. My partner and i learned to compromise and to communicate, those were 2 big factors we took away from the counseling. We got down to the root of the problem also. Not the petty bs that holds your relationship back, married or not. The temper tantrums are stimming deeper and you need to get to the bottem of it. Id recommend by a professional. Sometimes we can get offended coming from our partner. So maybe someone on the outside looking in can help.
Anytime you need to talk, im here. Just talking to someone that experienced what i had gone through helped! Just start somewhere!

1 Like

So I thought I made a breakthrough but I guess o didnā€™t because my husband said this to me ā€œI want to have sex but I guess that will have to wait since you want to get psyched out and everythingā€ā€¦ And that completely crushed me because he was serious. I didnā€™t even know how to respond. I didnā€™t cry but man I sure as hell felt like picking up a bottle to stop the pain. The only thing that stopped me was the fact that Iā€™m flat broke until my next paycheck. When I asked him about what he thought he said that he thinks I let myself get psyched out by my class and that he thinks I shouldnā€™t have went. I was devastated. He thinks that I made up all of that stuff (not the sexual abuse part) in my headā€¦I donā€™t know what to think. Maybe I should look into a marriage counselor and psychiatrist.

1 Like

Get more help for sure.

Instead of thinking of your husband in himself as your trigger, maybe think about the things in you that got you into this abusive and emotiinally damaging relationship. It all sounds very very hard, and you should reach out for help as much as you can. Stay strong