I told the truth

I did it. I told my dad how I felt. He came into my room and hugged me before saying “You’re not a burden”. I knew he would say that, the only person who sees me that way is myself. So of course he would disagree. But anyway, yeah. That was one hell of a weight on my shoulders I didn’t even realize I had. And now it’s gone. Thank the gods. The one regret I have is not saying this years ago. Granted I had a shit ton of mental, emotional, and behavioral issues when I was a kid (not an excuse for what I did to my dad) so talking about my feelings after years of being also taught by my mother that I shouldn’t have any, didn’t cross my mind.

I had mentioned a book, it’s called The Black Count, that my dad used to read to me when I was little to help me sleep. He brought it to me.

“Maybe you’ll enjoy it” he said. I’ll take a crack at it here soon.

Let this be a lesson to you guys, don’t let fear keep you from doing or saying something that will benefit/heal you. I know it’s scary, from my own personal experience, and it’s hard. It’ll all be worth it in the end though :pleading_face::heart: I promise

16 Likes

I’m so glad and happy for you. :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you for this. I have some healing to do with my Mom and it is on my mind every day multiple times a day. I’m glad you had a good outcome here. :mending_heart:

6 Likes

This warmed my heart to read Simone :heart:

It sounds like it was a nice moment between you, and hopefully a weight lifted for you. I’d say he really appreciated you opening up like that.

I knew he’d respond well, he loves you so much. You’re his girl :sparkles: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Happy to hear!! :heart:

1 Like

Well done on expressing your feelings. I know it can be tough to do.

1 Like

:raised_hands:t2::people_hugging::heart: Way to go! Thank you for sharing. We Can Do Hard Things.

1 Like