I took the suggestion of my sponsor to tell my mom the truth the day after my relapse

I went to my home group of n.a. and identified as a new comer after my relapse of 39 honest days I earned doing the work. I threw it away when I picked up releasing that one’s to many and a thousands NEVER enough. I laughed after my second trip for my issue like wtf man. So I text my sponsor at 5am telling him what I did and I’m not happy about but not miserable either because I know what to do this time and seen it work in my life. I told him I’ll tell my mom at my 60 day mark because she wants to see me take my 90 day chip & I’ll just slickly be like “oh hey my bad I didn’t mention I relapsed but I have 60days so no worry’s right?”…well my sponsor wasn’t having it and said I need to go over there tell her and my stepfather what happen. I say. (me) “maybe I’ll let you know” (sponsor)“no you will”, (me) “I’ll do it tomorrow”, (sponsor) “no you’ll do it right now”, (me) “:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:ok tonight that fair?” (Sponsor) "yes…so I did and I think it didnt go well but it did even though my mom doesn’t want to talk to me she’s just hurt and rightfully so. She wants her car back I use to go to work BUT still offering to pay to fix it for me. So yes I’m hurt that I hurt her and my step father but I get to feel these feelings today I am so blessed and grateful it’s all in my higher powers hands as long as I practice the principles of recovery in all my daily affairs I have nothing to fear JUST FOR TODAY. Stay blessed fam.

4 Likes

It’s all in baby step. One day at a time. Be happy you told her, even though it upset both of you. Now is the time for you to prove to your family you can over come this. Let this be lesson and make it postive! STAY STRONG!! You can do this.

2 Likes

I’m starting to think more positive of it takeing a lesson out of it I’m staying in contact with my sponsor family nd other addicts/alcoholics so all is well thank you.

1 Like

Now, that’s working the Program. If your mom feels this way after being honest OF ONE DAY, imagine her hurt and disappointment if you told her AFTER a month.

It will be OK. Your doing good. You better keep that sponsor. Remember, you can be fired as a sponsee

1 Like

I hope that you see you are doing BOSS SHIT!!! So cool that you went and told them the truth, you owned up to your mistake and are facing the results of that.I have a year clean and still have a hard time doing that, thank you for the inspiration this morning! You rock!!!

2 Likes

@J_Lo_Ste @Ahaygood thank you guys. I have the same sponsor. I have 133 days clean today. I have my own car now, with registration, & insurance :exploding_head: Im working on my license next. I think Saturday I’ll be going over my step 3 with my sponsor to move on to step 4 :grimacing: I hope you guys are well and congrats on being clean a year @Ahaygood :tada:

5 Likes

Hey! I love that I clicked on this thread. Thanks for updating us. Sounds like you have a good sponsor. Hope you and mom are doing well.

5 Likes

Yes I’ve built a great relationship with my sponsor who don’t take no shit lol. He’s a good man and I love him very much. I’m grateful to have him guiding me through the steps, and guiding me in recovery period. My mom and I are doing great, step father too they actually just asked if I can stay another year because they want me to. Long way from being kicked out by them with a 30 day notice, no job, and loaded. Things are going great. There have been some tough days, and I’m at fault for reacting poorly on 1 occasion but they no I’m trying to change, & doing my best to live my amends . Thanks for the feedback hope all is well @LeeHawk :v:

5 Likes

This is awesome news! Good for you and all parties involved!

1 Like