I’ve failed and feel very lost

I don’t know what to do anymore. I’ve messed up, I feel like I’m at my lowest of the low.

7 Likes

I was you a little over 2 months ago. Completely hopeless and felt like a total waste of space.

I’m now 68 days sober and can see some sunshine through my cloudy ass life atm.

The point is…your thinking is error prone at the moment. Your mind and thoughts are having a field day with you. But if I can get better, anyone can. I’m gonna help you. You can msg me if you like.

You will get better!

14 Likes

Thank you. I just needed to get this out there and talk to someone. I honestly feel like I’m at the lowest point and need to talk to someone. I’m honestly feeling like a piece of sh*t right now I know I’m better than this but it kills me that I do what I do.

5 Likes

Life is not about how many times we fall down, it’s about how many times we get back up and fight. You’ve got this, stay strong, stay focused and don’t stop trying to achieve your goals :muscle:

9 Likes

Thank you. I hate saying it but I’m starting again and going to try to stay focused. Every time I fail it Tears me apart. This time just feels different and have never wanted to reach out more than this. I feel like I’m at the very bottom right now, I feel like sh*t. :pensive:

6 Likes

Losing is learning.
What can I do today to have a better tomorrow?

5 Likes

I’m here my friend.

Your journey is not really about stopping drinking. It’s what compels you to drink. That’s where the real work is. Your mind, your thoughts. Your behaviours. Your actions.

Start with some self compassion and tell your negative inner voice to STFU.

6 Likes

Maybe try ameeting they helped me stay sober wish you well

4 Likes

Oh dear, sitting in the same boat atm :confused: but hey, lets give it another shot! I do believe strongly we can get Up and survive!

6 Likes

Don’t give up!

6 Likes

I felt the exact same as way as you do. I beat myself up for 6 months and kept drinking until I realised I was only hurting myself more. We are so hard on ourselves and need to learn to give ourselves a break, after all we are only human and we do make mistakes. Just don’t let those mistakes grow bigger.
I feel your pain and I’ve been where you are. One day at a time never made sense to me. It now truly does. Take time for yourself to feel and remember what youre feeling right now isnt forever :sparkles: :yellow_heart:

6 Likes

I’m right there with you. Let’s stay strong

4 Likes

I have been at this moment SO freaking much… I can say that coming here is a proper start as I have seen a huge outpouring of love and support…
Keep going, it is darkest just before dawn, “just one more day” is what I repeat now. And I live for the day without thinking about things I can not control.

5 Likes

That’s a wicked post @WesS

2 Likes

Hi @Dr.z hope your ok today

1 Like

Thank you ! I appreciate that!

2 Likes

Early sobriety can really sux at times, so I hear the OP!! I needed 24/7 support back then, wasn’t even sure if I wanted sobriety, just needed to stop hurting myself. Detox, rehab, 1/2 way house, 3/4 house kept me from using since I’d lose my bed if I did.

About 1 yr clean, I started feeling the benefits of not using. Slowly, I began to feel good and at ease and able to rejoin life. My life had normal ups and downs, and I learned how to deal with it sober. 40 years later, I’m still enjoying sobriety !!

3 Likes