I wanna start a blog or something... But how

I’ve been wanting to start a blog or something of the sort for such a long time just about life in recovery as a mom… What it took to get here… The trials… How hard it is some days and just everything… I just don’t know where to start… Anyone have any suggestions?? People tell me to try TikTok but the thought of the whole being on video thing makes me nervous so, anything else? Lol

3 Likes

Hi i found this
Here are the best free blogging sites you can use to start your own blog today:

1. Wix (www.wix.com)
  2. WordPress (www.wordpress.org)
  3. LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com)
  4. Weebly (www.weebly.com)
  5. Medium (www.medium.com)
  6. Ghost (www.ghost.org)
  7. Blogger (www.blogger.com)
  8. Tumblr (www.tumblr.com)
2 Likes

There are some on instagram have alook my friend jade does one Scottish and sober .and sobermother

1 Like

I wonder how long people who do blogs and podcasts etc are sober for ie is there a set period that is recommended, I don’t want to do one as i have no patience hehe but i just wondered that.

1 Like

Think everyone knows my views on blogs and things . personality is a problem found that some of these people dont have much sobriety behind them just following the trend when people start to praise you then it goes there heads , id rather go out on a wet and windy night and take a 12 step to a meeting , but if it helps people then that fine , was viewing one last week and they were promoting Na Beer and selling jumpers ? .keep on trucking

2 Likes

NA is a no no for me, that triggers me and i don’t understand why the hell people do that, yes anyone could start blogging etc and only being a year or so clean.

1 Like

There are a lot of people that start blogging from day one. Basically they are just blogging their daily journal entries which can be very helpful to others also in early days, but also those with longtime sobriety. I think it’s a great way to use your journal to help others if you don’t mind it going public.

3 Likes

Yes it can be helpful but also if your not long sober and offering advice that could be dangerous

1 Like

This it true, though I’ve heard people with a lot of sober time not give what I would consider good advice. That’s why it’s always best to share our experiences of strength and hope, teach by example, and refrain from advice giving unless directly asked.

2 Likes