I want my health back

My health has fallen apart in the last few years.I go in to the doctor tomorrow.
I thought she was singling me out when she would ask how much or often I drank and if I needed help quitting…turns out they ask everyone that.
Well I finally messaged her last night telling her the truth and got a message back from a nurse saying I am having withdrawal symptoms and should make an appointment to check my health.
I am very worried, I have went in a few times because of my sensitive stomach and had to go to the e.r. because of stomach ulcers from stress and too much ibuprofen.
Well now that I’m being honest I’m hoping they are able to find what is really going on or what happened and I can get my health back.Im only 25 and I have done alot of damage already.Wsh me luck!

2 Likes

I also have peptic ulcers and gastrointitus from partying for 7 yrs and I’m 24. I’ve gained 75 pounds in the past 4 yrs as well all from alcohol and drugs. I have to take 40mg of omeprazole prescribed every day because I can’t even drink water my acid reflux is so bad. I also developed bad asthma. Its horrible to see how much damage I’ve done in such a short time. So I definetly know how it feels to want your health back.

2 Likes

I honestly thought I was the only one going through this I never told anyone how much I drank. I’ve only been sober for a week and honestly the weekend came and all I could think of is a drink. Since I stopped my stomach has been acting crazy and it doesn’t help that I have an ulcer and constantly puke acid but I’m only 26and just felt embarrassed to tell my doctor how much I drink. I have to make a change its just so hard to accept all the damage I’ve caused myself

3 Likes

Yup we have the same stuff @Ash.
I stopped taking omeprazole because I read that having too much of it causes long term damage and my doctor told me it as well.So I started trying to find natural drinks that have probiotics in them. I drink gingerade Kombucha now and I love it I think it helps.
When we are drinking it’s like nothing matters and we down have to worry about the damage.But I don’t want that anymore, I want to heal. :confused:

2 Likes

@Munster666
No way, definitely not alone. I told my husband I was going through withdrawals and he looked at me funny and said I must have drank way more than he thought.Hes right.
His brother is also an alcoholic and he has stopped cold turkey cause he’s driving a car for a few weeks to move.They say he’s fine and it’s not my business but I’m amazed and guilty that I just don’t believe he went cold turkey if he’s fine…he drinks vodka when he wakes up and all day long til he passes out, everyday.
My drinking habits are drinking 5 to 10 beers a day and passing out, waking up shitty being sober for a day or two then forgetting how horrible it was and going back and drinking again like that.
Both are horrible to our bodies.
Anyway my point is I am trying to take care of it before it gets worse:(

@Restlesssoul, I think we all know what it’s like to detox and then have it slip our toxic minds of how horrible it was. That’s also one of the reasons I journal now, so I can’t forget. I hope all goes well at the doctor. I hope you come to realize they don’t ask to be judgy, they ask because it’s their job. They need to know all the facts to better help them figure out what’s really going on. I’m glad you said something. Have faith… in yourself and others.

1 Like

@Lise thanks, ya I think my disbelief came from jealousy that he might be having an easier time getting sober than me.I struggle with my thoughts every day even if I have stayed sober it’s very hard.

I plan to be open for sure, just very nervous about it.

1 Like

Although I think you may be right. I’ve been there and the most important thing is YOU! Your health, your life and then your family. Wishing you the best of luck! Please write in and let us know how you’re doing!

1 Like

Very true thank you I’ll let you guys know what my doctor says

2 Likes

Update!!:
So this is what my doctor recommended, she gave me a number to call that works with people trying to recover.She said they will help me get to the underlying problems of my alcohol abuse.
My doctor is such a sweetheart.She asked if it was hard and I told her that yes it was all I have is this forum that has helped me get through the past 30 days but I still have alot of migraines aches and sleepiness.She recommended some vitamins I could take to help Balance my body out.Since I hope to get pregnant in the future she recommend prenatal as well.
The biggest thing she told me was to get back into 30 mins a day workouts, that’s when I am the happiest and healthiest.So I’m writing this from the gym!POST workout.
I’m also going to try to check out some AA meetings and find one I feel comfortable going to at least once a week. :blush:

4 Likes

@Restlesssoul That’s really awesome to hear! You’re on the right track! The gym always helps me too, specially kick boxing & yoga! Have a great workout! :muscle::muscle::muscle: Stay strong, I believe in you! Blessings! :smile::smile::smile::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::pray::v::v::sparkler::fireworks::sparkler::fireworks::confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball::tada:

I am on a break at work so I can’t read all the replys but I relate to this SOO much!

1 Like