I want to give in so bad

I promise you’ll feel better if you get through this and worse if you give in

3 Likes

I hella will feel bad if I do give in thank you

1 Like

Play the tape through: what happens when you drink? Where does that road end? Hang over? Embarrassment? DUI? Car crash or worse? Is it worth it?

3 Likes

This craving will not last. It’s not you that wants a drink… It’s your brain. Tell your brain you don’t want one.
This craving will pass :purple_heart::heart:

3 Likes

I 100% felt the same way about 2 hours ago. The thing is, the liquor wears off. But the problems that made me want to get hammered in the first place will be there waiting once I’m sober and hungover. Then comes the shame of having given in yet again cause I couldn’t come face to face with myself.

Instead I went to the gym and I feel better even if it’s just for the moment. Whatever it is that makes you feel proud of yourself, run to that and see what happens.

16 Likes

This is so real

2 Likes

What time is it where you are? (you don’t have to share… Just curious as it’s 11pm here, I want to be there for you until you get past this craving)

4 Likes

What’s really going on?
Have you heard of HALT?

6 Likes

Totally a life saver for me. So glad you shared again.

2 Likes

@Miranda
Brian started a thread for it.

5 Likes

Still here for you k♥️ share your feelings… What’s got you craving. Are you doing something to help yourself?

1 Like

I’m in California and I appreciate you guys seriously instead of getting a bottle of booze I went to the taco shop & purchased two tacos w some rice & beans w a fire ass coke. Where are you from Miranda ?

6 Likes

Well done for not letting it beat you. Enjoy your tacos and feel proud xxx

2 Likes

British Columbia, Canada
and so proud of you for making it!!

2 Likes

I am 143 days sober and I still feel like boozing up.

It happens, bro.

Just keep yourself busy. I got back into skateboarding. I execerise a lot. Lost a gang of weight.

Tacos sound bomb right now. I like carnitas and adobada. Gotta have that guac tho lol.

Stay strong. You got this!

2 Likes

Dont ,just keep going ,going back and forth only makes it worst in the long run im 24 days sober was on a high like never before, ive now came crashing down yesterday, but on here i can vent my thoughts feeling without being judged by people who know what its like ,you will get through it ,i never thought i would ,but even though im feeling low i dont want to drink anymore, im on the iron bru now lol seriously this is a good place to be ,talk tell others how you feel get advice and give it ,its been a long road for me ,over 5 years but going back wont make things any better ,im crying at everything at the moment and i dont know why but im determined to stick to this journey, i think i feel mad that i let alcohol run my life for so long and so many suppressed emotions are coming to the surface, i even contacted a lady who helped me back in july when i first tryed to get sober and she was glad to hear from me ,aa helped but on here i can talk without thinking all the faces in aa are thinking oh shut the fuck up your 5 mins are over lol it will get better just dont give in to it

2 Likes

I have never once regretted waking up sober and hangover free. But man, I cannot even count all the times I woke up defeated, humiliated, hungover, anxious, depressed, and on and on.

Lean into those tacos and sodas and post here as much as you need to. Walk or sleep or hit the gym. Remember why you chose this path. Hope you are feeling fresh and hangover free!!

And I love all the support you got here!

6 Likes

I’m going to write that down! “I’ve never once regretted waking up sober!” Another thing to put on my fridge!!! That’s sooooooo true!! But I TOTALLY would have regretted waking up if I drank last night! Thank you. It’s just so simple, but when I see it in writing is so powerful :heart::muscle:

4 Likes

“I have never once regretted waking up sober and hangover free. But man, I cannot even count all the times I woke up defeated, humiliated, hungover, anxious, depressed, and on and on.”

Can’t forget about you said. It has helped me get by. Thank you! :heart:

1 Like

Just don’t.
You don’t have to drink. That’s the beauty about getting sober is we no longer HAVE to.
An believe me once you give yourself a chance an don’t give in. It only gets easier an easier. Hang in there

2 Likes