I want to stop but I'm scared

Keep chatting with us here! You’ve got a whole community here to talk to that share similar experiences with the nasty spectre of addiction, and there’s nothing but support and well-wishes. Feel free to message me anytime if you need to talk :blush:

2 Likes

What better option or plan do you have? Just stop buying alcohol and stop drinking? We cant keep you from drinking only you can. We are here for emotional support. Your not gonna get much different advice then what is already posted on the forum. Maybe use the search bar to find what your looking for?

2 Likes

I’m going to bow out of this. I think some people’s attitudes and types of advice are not for me and to be honest some have worded things a bit harshly and upset me more than supported me. I can’t do this if I feel attacked or criticised. I will stop drinking but I’ll do it another way. Thank you to the few replies who gave genuine and kind hearted support. I wish everybody here lots of luck.

Wish you well hope your journey to get sober works out

1 Like

You don’t have to do it alone. Go on online meetings and speak to like minded people.

1 Like

I’m back to day one again :pensive:I only managed 4 days I’m in a rut myself, have children to and work, my job is at risk I keep having days off as my hangovers are bad and I can’t find any motivation x

Sorry to here this , everything you mention that happening to you is because of drink so if you dont do something about it it will only get worse , maybe try a recovery program there is plenty available if you look ,wish you well